LegacyGT.com

switching to topfeed, Q&A

So in my research I've found the run around about the switch.

Here's what I've come up with so far.

So far I have bought :

Topfeed, TIC composite TGV deletes. For 08+ WRX

below all parts off of an 07 STI part out car with 70k miles

Topfeed Injector harness clips w/wire cut 10 inches back for soldering

Stock fuel lines

Stock Fuel rails

Stock Fuel pressure reg

Top feed 850cc injeinjectors.

Gonna make a slight walkthrough.

The composite tgvs installed great. But when I removed them then 're installed them they stripped out.

Wouldn't recommend removing them after going through the heat of the engine bay. Almost as if they warped.

I was recently doing some home work on this, because well why not. I found the T1Racing sells a conversion rail that fits the top feed ID injector to your sidefeed TGV. Thought it was nifty.

You should be able to pop out the wires in your stock injector clips and just transfer them to the proper clips to eliminate the need for splicing and soldering. I have the TGV's and injector rails and fuel lines from a WRX that will be going in mine as soon as I get some spare time to rip everything apart.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

• 1 month later...

so i did the conversion.. has not been a fun task at all.

the 07 fuel rails has a built in fpr on the passenger side fuel rails.

ran new fuel lines to both rails to link them back to the firewall location.

i think i may have done something wrong. car starts and runs fine. but throwing a system too lean code (P0171) how shitty of a code..

:update: ^ car only threw code because of 3 air leaks in the FMIC piping. Everything went good after finding.

im in the process of figuring out if its a VAC leak (in which ive fine tooth combed it..) or i just have too low of fuel pressure.

i also installed the dw65c drop in fuel pump, and made sure it was a good seal on that part of the install.

ive spent a ton of money on this build and quite frankly im tired of spending money..

would like to get a fuel pressure gauge to check.

• 3 months later...

Can you post some pics of your setup? A few angles would be nice. Its frusterating the overwhelming lack of info on this swap on LGT.com, and on nasioc there is nothing of model specific relevance.

Would be much appreciated.

I am currently converting to top feed with MAW Composite TGV deletes. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The T1 sidefeed to topfeed conversion fuel rails and lines is what I ended up running with a set of topfeed tgv deletes. Real straightforward.

Now running ID 1000cc top feed injectors with the injector adapters with the topfeed kit and DW 65c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The T1 sidefeed to topfeed conversion fuel rails and lines is what I ended up running with a set of topfeed tgv deletes. Real straightforward.

Now running ID 1000cc top feed injectors with the injector adapters with the topfeed kit and DW 65c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you buy the top feed adapter without the injectors? I've got a set of DW850s top feeds on the shelf that I'd like to use.

That kit is pretty expensive considering you spend $700 for the adapters and injectors and then another $250 for the lines. Why not just buy a set of DeatschWerks 1000cc side feeds for $629?

• 9 months later...
  • I Donated Too
I am about to make the switch to top feed myself. I had already installed the sidefeed Agency Power fuel lines and rails so I am trying to see what I can reuse. I have purchased the Agency Power top feed rails separately, I was going to get the zerolift composite TGVs and put the stock STi FPR onto the top of my existing Distribution block and delete the LGT one from the lines... I need to figure out how to change the wiring and also buy the injectors, I'm a little way off yet but I am 91% on injector duty on 850's and the tune needs redoing...

I am about to make the switch to top feed myself. I had already installed the sidefeed Agency Power fuel lines and rails so I am trying to see what I can reuse. I have purchased the Agency Power top feed rails separately, I was going to get the zerolift composite TGVs and put the stock STi FPR onto the top of my existing Distribution block and delete the LGT one from the lines... I need to figure out how to change the wiring and also buy the injectors, I'm a little way off yet but I am 91% on injector duty on 850's and the tune needs redoing...

I highly recommend you steer clear of the zerolift TGV's.

I went to install these back in June and the material buckled under less than 6ft lbs. It's not sleeved around bolts and will warp under the slightest adjustment. Whatever gain is made in heat dissipation ends up seriously compromising their structural integrity. I went with thermal coated billets with phenolic spacers instead.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I bought them from Import Image and at the advice of Bren Tuning and IIR is just getting me my refund this week (finally!) I originally emailed them because the mating surface was convex to the IM. I discovered further that the bolt sleeves were not reinforced and the began to buckle even though I was nowhere near the 6 ft lb torque spec. They pushed me towards contacting the manufacturer.

They were helpful at IIR, though I got a bit of runaround as I think they were trying to make sure they would be compensated from Zerolift before committing to a return request.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Archived