LegacyGT.com

Suspension for OBXT 2005 (Help)

OBXTNoob

So I recently bought a 2005 OBXT. It is in great condition and was not beat on. I am making sever performance upgrades which will give me about 300whp. My car is completely stock right now and I decided to push it a little on a wide open highway. I went about 120 and at over 100 the car started to sway from side to side. It was smooth swaying but I felt it in my steering wheel and I had to really counter it with my arms. It was actually pretty scary. I don't plan on driving that fast all the time but man it definitely made me want a suspension upgrade. I've been doing research and it seems a bit difficult to find anything for the Outback. Is it because the parts are interchangeable with the Legacy or is it because it is an Outback? I would assume the car has it's own unique suspension specs since it is a wagon. Are there specific websites I can visit or an existing OBXT suspension thread I can read? All the pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance!

Many of your bushings are probably dry, cracked and/or spongy which will make the car unstable at speeds like that. Other than the spring/shock combo, most of the suspension bits for the GT will fit fine. Start with a bigger rear sway and some AVO rear sway mounting brackets as the stock ones will fail eventually with a beefier bar. From there you need to determine what needs attention first due to age and wear