LegacyGT.com

Subaru Announces Pricing for MY 2020 Legacy and Outback

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1447/1/subaru-announces-pricing-2020-legacy-outback-models

Head-up display standard in all trims! I had missed that one.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I’m happy about Subaru adding some nice stuff to the legacy, one would have thought they were close to axing the legacy due to declining sales.

I’m happy with my 18 atm, the turbo engine sounds nice, but I think I rather give it some additional time before I consider it especially with the DI.

MPG went up so that’s always nice.

They need to add the next gen eyesight that recognizes traffic lights which they deployed few years back in Japan.

I am somewhat surprised, but also happy about these prices. I still think they are a good value however I would need the dealer to let me have a day or two with it because there are several options I would need to get myself acquainted with. First being auto start stop, and then getting used to the HVAC controls in that screen has me a little nervous. Overall I think it will do well but with some of Subaru's recent quality hiccups I am on the fence.

...Why the hell are they still restricting the sport trim to the lower engine option. Carbon fiber and red-stitch and all this sport related stuff but NOT available on the more powerful XT trim. I took the same issue with the 2013 "Sport" not being available as a 3.6R. Stupid.

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1447/1/subaru-announces-pricing-2020-legacy-outback-models

Head-up display standard in all trims! I had missed that one.

If it is like the head-up display on my wife's Ascent, then it is nothing to get exceited about. The Ascent's head-up display is just a row of colored LEDs that reflect off the windshield. It does not show any other information other than:

1. 2 Green LEDs when using adative cruise control when following a car

2. a row of blinking (?) amber LEDS when there is an impending emergencey.

Impressive. They finally added tilting side mirror after all of these years. $40K gets you a pretty nice legacy.

I agree, the bang for the buck is still there. I do prefer the Limited over the Touring simply because the Touring has one interior color, and I do not care for it much. I wish the Limited XT could be optioned with the cooled seats. Over all it should be a solid car, with a competitive price, I will be curious to see the sales numbers throughout the first year since we all know sedan sales are in the tank.

Motortrend review of the 2020 Outback mentioned that "The XT model feels more powerful, but only when merging or passing. Otherwise, it's no sportier than the baseline." I guess this is the limitation of a 4-cyl turbo vs. 6, right? Edited by seiyafan

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'm really trying to like this new Legacy. Inside it's awesome, but outside is very blah. I do like to Outback though. Maybe because of the added plastic cladding. I do look forward to see how these cars look with a mesh grill and different wheels though.

Kinda like this:

d017ab43-2020-subaru-legacy-carscoops.jpg

Edited by Falcor

Build and price is now up on Subaru's website for the Legacy. I built a Limited XT, after accessories my total was $36,480.

Way too rich for my blood for a Legacy. I could get a Volvo S60 for like 1000 more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way too rich for my blood for a Legacy. I could get a Volvo S60 for like 1000 more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right with the base model. It has a better engine, but unless I’m blind does NOT offer AWD unless you upgrade to R Design. Plus many of the safety options that are standard with the XT Touring are a multi-thousand dollar upgrade on the S60

You can get a base S60 with AWD, but it's a $5k option and you move up to a T6 with 316hp. Adaptive cruise is part of a $2,500 option. NAV package is another $2,500. Without NAV it sits at $44k. But, it is a handsome car.