LegacyGT.com

STI Sway Bar Compatibility with 05-09 LGT?

SCHM1AN

I'm looking to buy sways for my car and just thought that since the 05-09 Legacy and the 08-12 WRX/STIs share the same chassis, what is preventing me from using the WRX/STI FSB/RSBs? I checked a few different swaybar vendors (Whiteline, Rallitek, Perrin) and all of them have different part numbers for the respective vehicles. Can anyone lend some insight on this?

Thanks

They don't share the same chassis, it's close though.

The front 08-10 WRX bar fits the LGT.

The 2011+ WRX and STi front bar DOES NOT fit, because those cars have a wider track.

If you have a non-turbo Legacy the WRX bar doesn't fit either because of the exhaust manifold.

The rear bar needs to be 05-09 Legacy specific. Reinforcement brackets for the mounts are a good idea too.

If 30-40 people wanted to get together for a group buy and wait a couple months, Whiteline would probably be willing to produce a larger rear bar. 22mm would be a good size. Next time I talk to them I will bring it up.

if they are hollow, a 22mm bar will be around the same or softer than the existing 20mm solid whiteline bar. Funny how that got started a few days after I mention a possible WL group buy.

Gotta bump this because i put myself in the group buy for the other set. Any clue when you might here anything Jamal?

Still looking into it. For a custom order the minimum is 100 but since it is something that already exists they might be able to do something. Also I am bordering on non-vendor vendoring so it might have to happen elsewhere.

• 2 years later...
Still looking into it. For a custom order the minimum is 100 but since it is something that already exists they might be able to do something. Also I am bordering on non-vendor vendoring so it might have to happen elsewhere.

Did anything ever come of this. Evidently the aftermarket is dying off rather quickly on our cars lately.

Sway bars are not rocket science.... IDK why no one makes a larger rear bar anymore:spin:

Perrin would not make the bar under any circumstances. I offered a GB of 25+ people and they still said no.:confused:

I paid $270 for a used perrin 25mm bar a few weeks ago:mad:

Archived