LegacyGT.com

Spec B top hats

GearJamr

So I've ordered some Koni shocks and have some old KYB struts to mount them in for the front. Spec B top hats are highly recommended, so I'm ordering them too. However.......

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/legacy-spec-b-front-strut-top-hats-2005-2009-legacy-outback

This site says they will not work with non-Bilstein shocks. Is this just a legal mumbo-jumbo thing? I'm guessing it's so they can wash their hands of something going awry.

Silly question, but is anyone else using these with non-Bilstein struts? And for follow-up, did you have any issues with installation or use?

yeah, that was something I read. Think I will just use my current ones. I saw a comparison (I think on here) of the two top hats and basically there is nearly no change in height with lowering springs by using the spec b hats.

The shaft on a Bilstein is far larger than a KYB. It has to do with the larger bearing in the top hat for the Bilstein. Bearing has a larger bore and is 3/8" taller as well. SpecB front top hats will give an LGT a saggy butt.

The shaft on a Bilstein is far larger than a KYB. It has to do with the larger bearing in the top hat for the Bilstein. Bearing has a larger bore and is 3/8" taller as well. SpecB front top hats will give an LGT a saggy butt.

Nobody likes a saggy butt!

Archived