LegacyGT.com

Spec B Legacy GT Auto Pedals

toogrumpy

Finally got my "Spec B" Auto pedals installed. These are factory subaru brake and gas pedal. They were ordered from Japanparts.com. The dead pedal was from mastro wrx. Not the easiest to install but worth the time.

legacypedals.JPG.1950a519947f0d1641eb799b05cf0c86.JPG

Life is short - be happy:)

toogrumpy,

How the hell do you get this brake pedal on? I've been fighting with it for 20 minutes and have gotten nowhere. When I try to slide it on from the bottom, I'm unable to get the top lip over the metal pedal. When I try from the top first, can't get the bottom. What a pain.

toogrumpy,

How the hell do you get this brake pedal on? I've been fighting with it for 20 minutes and have gotten nowhere. When I try to slide it on from the bottom, I'm unable to get the top lip over the metal pedal. When I try from the top first, can't get the bottom. What a pain.

I put the bottom on first the used a small flat head screwdriver and worked the top rubber out. Its a pain too.

...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

Thanks AWDDAD, that was my plan but am struggling to get the room to pull it. Back to the driveway!

A stubby flat blade screwdriver gives you room, plus if you've got some kind of small mirror it'll help you see what you're actually doing on the back side of the brake pedal (good lighting helps too).

Thanks Brady, but just finished it up. Ended up pounding the crap out of the pin with a hammer to get it out. Took longer than expected, but it definitely looks better. Now just have to get a dead pedal to finish it off. Thanks guys!

aww ...

Oh well, if anyone else searches this ... place the ROD (metal rod) for the pedal on a board and use a bolt or something to hammer the pin about flush with the pedal. You need not put any pressure or force on the pedal itself. Once the pin is out this far, put the pin in a vise or clamp to close the teeth together. Then just work the rod off the pin and the pedal will come easily with it. I had to reposition the pin two or three times, but this was fairly simple. Then just put the new pedal in place and work the pin back into the rod. Finally, place the rod on a board again and use a bolt to hammer pin back in place. Was pretty simple.

That's pretty much what I did, except used a flathead screwdriver and concrete steps. Definitely wish I would have had access to a vise.

I think locking Pliers would also do the trick, fwiw.

I think locking Pliers would also do the trick, fwiw.

Stuck in the transition phase from college to adult life, so tool access is limited to my $130 craftsman set and the random tool picked up to fix things around my apartment as things pop up. Tried channel locks, but the thing was not moving.

I did not reuse the "pin" for the gas pedal. I used a bolt and a locking nut. The brake pedal was a pain, but I put the bottom on first and then used a srewdriver (after putting it through my finger a few times) to put on the top.
Life is short - be happy:)

Stuck in the transition phase from college to adult life, so tool access is limited to my $130 craftsman set and the random tool picked up to fix things around my apartment as things pop up. Tried channel locks, but the thing was not moving.

I hear ya there. Having access to the parents' garage is nice. Usually they just assume I'm being resourceful and saving a trip to the dealer. Sometimes they wonder why the hell I'm taking my new car apart! :lol:

Maybe just a little more slippery, but not enough to make me concerned about making a quick stop or anything. Then again, it may just be how my bottom of my shoes are designed. Very similar to the pegs on the pedals (mine are not pink btw, shoes or pedals).

AT_pedals.jpg.c90ea010d9e995578a511da887838bef.jpg

shox.jpg.58556a0a21808fac6b3fdd5842c3c090.jpg

Archived