LegacyGT.com

Spec B Hub Bolts

socalsleeper

All

I have a bit of a problem I was hoping the Subaru experts can chime in. Hopefully this will be taken care of by the time anyone reads this, but for now here is where I am at.

I got myself a set of Spec B aluminum trailing arms, got them all cleaned up but they did not come with the hub, or the brake backing plate. No problem right... I have my stock backing plates, and I have brand new hub assemblies....err wrong. I need the fasteners that secure the hub to the trailing arm. The flange for the aluminum is much thicker than the steel unit requiring longer bolts.

The stock ones are M14x 1.25 30mm, I need 50mm.

FYI the front bolts are 40 mm so that was not an option either....ugh.

I ordered some from Subaru and got 30mm, going to the dealership to try to get longer ones, but without a VIN they don't know what to do sometimes. If any one has the part number that would be fantastic.

I hope this is all taken care of by the time someone reads this but thought I would post just in case.

• 2 months later...

I got myself a set of Spec B aluminum trailing arms, got them all cleaned up but they did not come with the hub, or the brake backing plate.

How did the install go? What other rear suspension bits have you replaced -- espc. the upper and lower control arms -- or is it all still stock?

I replaced everything....

I have a build thread going here, https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/back-dead-rebuild-thread-283715.html

For the backing plate I trimmed the edges to clear larger rotors and repainted them. The hubs are new timken parts, and the fasteners I got from the dealership.

The trailing arms them selves have been media blasted and powder coated silver to mimic the natural aluminum color. Bushings have been replaced, and the lateral links are new whiteline adjustable parts.