LegacyGT.com

So it started with a cylinder 3 misfire...

Picked up a cylinder 3 misfire (p0303) about a week ago. Figured it was time for my lazy bum to replace the spark plugs (i'm just shy of 62k miles). Pic of cylinder 3 is below....I didn't think it looked bad enough to cause a misfire, but I could be wrong. Regardless, after driving for a day, It came back again. Going to try swapping coils and possibly fuel injectors to see if the misfire changes cylinder positions, but in the mean time, what do ya'll think of the condition of this plug?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/alaskajoel/P1000359.jpg

• 1 month later...
Haven't done a compression check (kinda nervous to be honest). I'm swapping coils this week to see if it moves. I hope it's something easy - I've got the 100k gold warranty on it if it does turn out to be a burnt valve, but that means going back to stock from stage 2. If it is a burnt valve, it's just that much more of a reason to dump this thing...I'm not impressed with this cars reliability...we still have a 98 legacy in the family with 200k miles and zero problems, alas....my 05 has had tranny issues, induction issues, suspension issues, and now misfires....all under 60k

• 2 weeks later...
Replaced cylinder 3 injector with an oem from Fredbeansparts. Can't say enough about these guys - good pricing, and excellent service. Car runs much more smooth, especially at idle. We'll see if the p0303 comes back, but I doubt it will. :)

Guest PeteAWD
Yeah, what the hell is it with cylinder 3 with this vehicle? I'm on my 3rd time for cylinder 3 misfire. My tech last time switched around the coil packs last time, it stopped. However, it is back after using some FI cleaner. I wonder if the fuel enters the rail from cylinder 3??

I have no clue what the deal is with #3 but it's out of control. I'm sick of the problems with this car. I'll be dumping it in the not so distant future..

FWIW - a fuel injector comes in at about 100 bucks from Fredbeansparts. Install is a PITA though for #3....why couldn't it be injector 1 or even 2 that goes bad...it just HAD to be 3....I've never spilt so much coolant before in my life...that stupid turbo reservoir is in a horrible spot and the intake manifold is no help either. I nearly busted the old one off trying to get it out and had a hell of a time trying to get the new one in.

Archived