LegacyGT.com

Site display troubles. Moderators? Anyone?

Febreze Mee

Didn't know where to post this. A couple weeks ago the forum display (on any page) started acting up. Everything went to a real "beta" version looking format. Green, blue, orange, pink highlighted lines of space behind text throughout the screen. Hyperlinks everywhere instead of buttons. I was using Google Chrome up to the point that happened then switched over to Microsoft Edge. I did have a ton of tabs open whilst using chrome, but closed almost all in a sense to diagnose the display issue with this forum. No luck. I cleared my cache, no luck.

If anyone has any experience with the display I have attempted to describe, your assistance would be much appreciated. I cannot be the only one this has happened to.

I will attempt to post a picture to give an example, but I don't even see an "file management" hyperlink anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

*This is all occurring with my PC only. The display works properly on my phone, but I cannot post pictures via my phone.*

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Sounds like the style is messed up from searches.

In the lower left hand corner, there is a drop down box, make sure it says v3.1 or something like that.

From searches? Will you elaborate a little more on what you mean there, please?

I do not have the ability to change the version of the forum when the display is in this mode I have described.

Fortunately, the site display has reverted back to normal in Microsoft Edge, for the time being (I am going to assume this is temporary). I did not have the ability to upload pictures or view pictures when the display was messed up. I will attempt to upload a photo now.

I am not able to perform half as many functions (i.e. post/view pictures, edit replies, functions buttons are nonexistent) when the display mode is as in the pictures below.

Below are what the site looks like on Microsoft Edge (left) and Google Chrome (middle & right):

The picture of the display for Microsoft Edge (left) is a picture of this thread as of this morning. Notice the scroll bar --the page is shown in its entirety. Towards the bottom of this picture there is no language option, no forum version option, no posting rules.

The right most picture of Google Chrome (middle & right) is what the site display opens up to when I type "https://legacygt.com/" URL in. It is what the home page appear like. The middle picture is what a thread would appear like. Same format as Microsoft Edge. Towards the bottom of this picture there is also no language option, no forum version option, no posting rules.

IMG_2274-min.thumb.JPG.9dcc3e75c19eda3a9d994d2386b06546.JPG

IMG_2275-min.thumb.JPG.9ece08ea6456da238b7f0283722a5a66.JPG

IMG_2276-min.thumb.JPG.3a89b7596da1923067f24bdb8bb3d863.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Looks like you're stuck in the horrid "mobile theme", of which there is no easy escape.

Sometimes when doing google searches for posts on the site, results that one clicks on have the theme embedded in them and sets the cookie on the browser for the specific theme. It's super frustrating.

Looks something like this, right?

Step1.thumb.png.d4b820770f468172a46245b49f32a287.png

Yeah, there is no official option that I can find to change this, so we'll use the nuke method.

In the upper right corner menu for Chrome

Step3.thumb.png.772e59f5ccb5b133c72f9b4812ccee0f.png

Click "More Tools" and then "Developer Tools"

In the panel that pops up in the lower half of the window.

Step4.thumb.png.57832cfc848c7500e84a0bd27abf95ab.png

Click on "Application"

Then Click on "Cookies" (in the listing on the left)

Right-Click on "https://legacygt.com" and Click "Clear"

This will clear all your cookies related to the site.

It will log you out as well.

Close the tab, then open a new one and return and all should be well.

Other browsers are similar.

Please let me know if that doesn't work for you.

"Horrid" is such good word. And that is exactly what it looks like.

WOW! I appreciate you very much. The world must know about this.

FIXED thanks to your detailed walk-through with pictures (bonus points).

And now that I know how to use dev tools a little better, I can fix this issue again in the future for this forum, or any other site.

It's nice to know I can clear independent site cookies too.

Thank you again for taking the time to make your post and explain it to me and anyone else who finds this thread.

Have a splendid day!

MILKRUN  - Click Here