LegacyGT.com

SIA Plant Tour is Back (no, REALLY!)

Which Date would you like to attend the SIA Plant Tour in Lafayette, IN?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Date would you like to attend the SIA Plant Tour in Lafayette, IN?

• Friday, March 4, 2005
    • Friday, March 18, 2005

Ok, well, now that the Tribeca is out of wraps, I am going to initiate the tour of SIA again. I was up this past Tuesday, and they are out in the open, and things have quieted down a bit.

I would like to gage interest again. I got very fast response from my contact this time, so I do not think that would be a problem this time.

The ramp up for the Tribeca is mid March. I think most people on this board, though they would want to see the Tribeca (which we will), would be more interested in seeing the Legacy / Outback line, so I don't think we would necessarliy have to wait until March.

But still, February would be to short of notice, so I would like to propose two dates. Fridays won out the last time on the Monday or Friday poll, so I would like to suggest Friday, March 4, or Friday, March 18.

Please choose in the poll above. Let's run this through Monday, January 31st to get two weekends in for everyone to respond.

Let's do it this time!

Rob

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we are pretty close on dates, though March 4th has the edge. Remember, we have 6 more days. I want to let my contact know a week from today, so I am going to call the poll quits on 1/31

Our next question needs to be: if the 4th is the date, will the people that voted for the 18th be out? Or will the be able to come? I will need to get a total head count. So please be thinking about that.

thanks,

Rob

Let's do the 4th. Keep us posted re: times, cost...

Steve-

There would be no cost involved, other than your transportation to Lafayette and a hotel if needed (for the night prior or after). I myself will go up Thursday after work, no matter if it is the 4th or the 18th and stay all night in LaFayette. Once the date is firmed up, I will get an agenda with start time

thanks,

Rob

For those of us who work for Subaru suppliers, is there a way for us to get a "special" tour that maybe might show more??

Not really unless you are in the sales / marketing / customer Service areas at your plant and know people inside SIA.

I know about 5 people, with three of which I correspond with almost weekly (especially model launch times!)

Rob

My plans were to set our date following this weekend. It is still very close. I will go by whatever the results are by before I go to work on Tuesday. I am going to let SIA know then.

I would like a rough headcount by then as well right now there are 12 for 3/4 I think. I am curious if the people on the "losing" date will still come on the "winning" date. If so, that almost doubles that number.

thanks,

Rob

It's a 5hr trip down for me, I'd either run after work (bout a 4.5hr trip from that point) or run down first thing in the morning. I'm sure I can get off a day for this. :)

Gonna need a starting time though.

Should I throw a message up on the Midwest section of NASIOC, I'm sure we'll get a few more. :)