LegacyGT.com

should i pay for these services...?

or find a cheaper place to go?

apparently my front drivers side Lower Control Arm is cracked in half so there goes $378, but can i do the others elsewhere?

(prices include labor)

1. Cooling fan belts $130

2. power steering flush $105 (my fluid is dark brown and low)

3. DECARBONING $135 (carbon build up in the intake...wtf is decarboning?)

help please =(

Ever heard of seafoam? save the carbon build-up treatment money, and do it yourself. $7.00 ......Wait a sec, you don't have cooling fan belts!!! Don't bother w/ the PS fluid flush. Suck out the reservoir w/ turkey baster, and fill to proper line w/ fresh ATF. Plenty of cars out there w/ 100k on them or more w/ original fluid.

42,000 miles sounds a little premature for belt replacement. look @ the ribs on the belts. If there are no signs of cracks on the ribs, don't worry about it.

or find a cheaper place to go?

apparently my front drivers side Lower Control Arm is cracked in half so there goes $378, but can i do the others elsewhere?

(prices include labor)

1. Cooling fan belts $130

:icon_conf

That right there should tell you to stay away from that place.

2. power steering flush $105 (my fluid is dark brown and low)

3. DECARBONING $135 (carbon build up in the intake...wtf is decarboning?)

help please =(

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

most dealers will try to scare the pants off you just to get service work; buy the parts you need, if you have to have gen subie and then take to the shop of your choice;

and unless you have a no-code driveablity issue, just start adding a good fuel cleaner to the tank after 3rd or 4th tank full, 44k by bg, sea foam, techron etc....

Ever heard of seafoam? save the carbon build-up treatment money, and do it yourself. $7.00 ......Wait a sec, you don't have cooling fan belts!!! Don't bother w/ the PS fluid flush. Suck out the reservoir w/ turkey baster, and fill to proper line w/ fresh ATF. Plenty of cars out there w/ 100k on them or more w/ original fluid.

42,000 miles sounds a little premature for belt replacement. look @ the ribs on the belts. If there are no signs of cracks on the ribs, don't worry about it.

I agree with you, as you are a mechanic:icon_bigg but.. the belt issue, he does live in LA:icon_wink

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

ya the belts cost $60, so they charging $70 for F'ing labor .... so lame

EDIT: found the belts for $27(both) at another dealership haha

What belts? Am I missing something? The Legacy GT has electric radiator fans - no belts to change!

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Archived