LegacyGT.com

Service Prices Changing - 30K

I signed up online for the 30K service for my local dealership. The estimate online was $182.50. This was a few weeks ago. I called today about the appointment for tomorrow and they said it would be $350. I have a screenshot of the 182.50.

I checked a dealer in another state and its 30K service would be $600?! If I try to sign up with a new account for my local the 30K is $360.

Has anyone experienced these price changes??

price varies from dealership to dealership because some go above and beyond the recommend servicing items and package in other things that aren't necessarily a bad idea.

dealers are franchises and can price it however they want.

there is nothing specific to be done at 30k other than oil, rotate, cabin filter and engine filter. brake fluid is also good idea; subaru recommends it replaced every 45k.

I signed up online for the 30K service for my local dealership.

Asking a dealer ... any dealer for any brand of vehicle ... to perform "an xxK mile service" is like handing them your blank checkbook. Unscrupulous dealers will often load an "xxK mile service" with profitable extra work that may be unnecessary and/or overpriced. Substantial price changes are a big hint that the dealer may be incompetent, disorganized, and/or untrustworthy. At the very minimum, I would request an itemized list of exactly what service work they are proposing.

A better strategy is to review the service schedule in the Warranty & Maintenance Guide you should have received with your car, and request only those specific service/maintenance items relevant to your car, mileage, and driving environment. There are actually very few "required" items at 30,000 miles:

• Change engine oil and replace filter
  • Replace engine intake air filter
  • Rotate tires
  • Flush brake fluid (may or may not be necessary)
  • Inspect brakes, steering, and suspension for wear or damage
  • Inspect belts, hoses, etc. for wear or deterioration
  • Inspect for fluid leaks
  • Inspect under-chassis fluid tubing for rust or damage

2015_Maintenance_Schedule.pdf

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I signed up online for the 30K service for my local dealership. The estimate online was $182.50. I checked a dealer in another state and its 30K service would be $600?! If I try to sign up with a new account for my local the 30K is $360.Has anyone experienced these price changes??

We have "capped price servicing" here in Oz. Whilst there can be discussions on the fairness of the actual costs ... at least there are "no surprises" ;)

https://www.subaru.com.au/service/pricing/capped-price-servicing

Look up Alfa service intervals and prices. It’s insane.

I never did any of the services at the dealership. This car is pretty straightforward to work on. I do brake fluid every two years. It’s like $11/bottle. I have a Motul bleed kit.

Oil changes aren’t too bad. It’s easier on my bmw and my daughter’s Impreza since the oil filter is right on top. The brakes on these cars are simple as well.

This car is pretty straightforward to work on.

Agreed ... But the reality is that some people lack the skill, the tools, the time, or the inclination to work on their own cars. Some people shouldn't even be allowed to touch a wrench.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png