LegacyGT.com

Schematic reading help please.

Ok so I’m hooking up my own Intercooler sprayer. I bought aftermarket tank and pump but I did buy an STI switch so it doesn’t look all ghetto. I just need help with the wiring. I have a schematic and a pic of the switch. All I need to know is which pin is power in, power out, and ground. Anyone who is good at reading these I would appreciate your help. I could just start plugging things in until it works but I’d rather not burn up my switch. Thanks in advance. 89ca4e1e163e253216115ab9eee0309d.jpgd5cd1235688e2d4b6f56e10334afc0cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Nvm. Messed around and figured it out but I made a dumb mistake. I’m so used to newer cars and always have places to drop in a factory sized switch. Well. There isn’t a place for a switch this size. Not sure how I would fab it in without ruining the panels. Really didn’t want to use a standard crappy red button momentary switch but I guess I may have to66fefb812e3e341695013450cbd033c0.jpg

This could get a lot more complicated but if it were me doing this mod... I would wire a relay switch to alternate the power sent from the steering wheel stalk to go to either the stock pump to spray windshield or the other pump to the intercooler spray.

You can hide the switch probably inside the fuse box area on the bottom left of the dash and the trigger for spray would be the right steering wheel stall where it’s easily accessible while driving hard.

But of course this requires reading into more wiring diagrams which still gives me headaches sometimes.

This could get a lot more complicated but if it were me doing this mod... I would wire a relay switch to alternate the power sent from the steering wheel stalk to go to either the stock pump to spray windshield or the other pump to the intercooler spray.

You can hide the switch probably inside the fuse box area on the bottom left of the dash and the trigger for spray would be the right steering wheel stall where it’s easily accessible while driving hard.

But of course this requires reading into more wiring diagrams which still gives me headaches sometimes.

Yeah I feel like that would be an awesome option but a huge headache. I have power in and out of the switch and will wire it directly to the pump. It won’t be a timed spray like the sti but it will work. Just wish there was an empty location to drop this switch in. Def going to have to cut some panels to get this in but it will make look more oem than a crappy red button.

Why not try sourcing something like this?

s-l1600.jpg

I'm not sure which one you have right now, but there are variants with more buttons in them like headlight washers or similar that you could probably use for a straight OEM look vs cutting a panel for the STi switch.

Unless you know the current rating for the switch you may want to wire in a bosch type relay to avoid the possibility of burning out the switch contacts when the pump is being used. Similar to wiring aftermarket fog lights to a car.

Here’s something that may help make this work more like oem

https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Electronics-528T-Accessory-Pulse/dp/B0009WP09K

You may find it cheaper elsewhere

Why not try sourcing something like this?

s-l1600.jpg

I'm not sure which one you have right now, but there are variants with more buttons in them like headlight washers or similar that you could probably use for a straight OEM look vs cutting a panel for the STi switch.

Yeah that’s my current setup. So I’d need a smaller switch. I was really hoping to use the sti switch but that might be too much trouble. Might have to go with your recommendation and grab a second one of those and steal a switch off of it

Actually. Just realized. I could just use the wiper defrost switch. Car doesn’t go out in the winter so it’s useless anyway. Ding ding. Winner. Would have been cool to have the ic water spray switch but whatever. If it works it works

So anyone who wants to set up an Intercooler spray system I high key recommend doing it the way I did. I paid $15 and this system works very well. Just got an eBay washer tank with pump. Came with the spray nozzles too. Honestly I didn’t expect for it to be so powerful. It has way more power than the stock windshield spray system. Plus it was super easy to setup.

d97781b6873d78068c5d3681e50c1934.jpg36e4c051b862d09d20aba79e09d871ae.jpg

The only modification I had to do was cut out the center splitter from the hood scoop. Only the metal part. Which honestly was in the way and messing up my Intercooler anyway. Then I drilled holes in the plastic piece shown and installed the sprayers. With a push of a button it shoots 4 heavy streams of water at my Intercooler. Very happy with it. The only thing I don’t like is I had to to use the crappy red momentary switch instead of my ic water spray switch. I drilled that into the fuse panel so if I decide one day I really really hate it I can replace the panel cheap instead of replacing a larger dash section

727ea7e5ec6afd97d0126c091ca49f05.jpg