LegacyGT.com

s2baru's "InFrontAutomotive" built, stage3+ 335hp/412tq

I've been posting for a few months now and had the opportunity to come across a thread started by OUTBACK AUTOMOTIVE located in Auburn,WA. They wanted a few 5thgen LGTs to begin modding because of our different turbo setups, so I got in contact with them and heres whats all been done...pics will follow later

ENGINE/EXHAUST

Outfront Closed deck 2.5L block,

Sublet Machine shop, block, resurface flywheel, fit rods, balance, polish crank

Sublet Nitrous Coating for pistons/skirts x4

King bearing Sets Mains + Rods

Manley, Valve Spring and retainer Kit

GSC, Viton 6mm Valve Stem Seal Set

Killer-B, Subaru Windage Tray

Subaru, Engine Gasket Set, 10-12 LGT

Clutchmasters, FX300, push type turbo

Cosmetic Head Gasket, Subaru EJ25, 100mm bore, .040" 2

ARP, Head Studs

JE Piston Set, STD 99.5mm

Manely Turbo Tuff Connecting Rods

GSC Stage 1 Cams, 08+ STi

Cosworth Subaru EJ Timing Guide

Manley....Extreme Duty 33mm exhaust Valves (+1mm)

Manley....Race Master Intake Valves, 37mm (+1mm)

Sublet Machine Shop, heads, fit new cams, radial valve cut, reset lash, install viton seals, oversize valves, blend bowls, performance springs. 70lbs seat 180lbs @ .420"

Oil pump, JDM STi 12mm

SubaruOil Cooler, 10+ LGT

Gates Performance timing belt kit

Power/Engine/Exhaust

COBB ACCESSPORT

RACERX TMIC...thermal coated

INVIDIA CATLESS DOWNPIPE..custom 3inch. mid split to 2.25

PERRIN WRX 08+ AXLE BACK MUFFLERS

Suspension/wheels

TEIN STREET BASIS Coilovers (sold to UnSpokN). Now HKS HypermaxIV 8/2015

KARTBOY FRONT/REAR ENDLINKS

WHITELINE FRONT 24MM SWAY BAR

WHITELINE REAR 22MM SWAY BAR

KARTBOY POSITIVE SHIFT KIT... KDT901

KARTBOY REAR DIFF FRONT MOUNT BUSHING ..KDT905

KARTBOY REAR DIFF IN MOUNT CRADLE BUSHING ...KDT903

KARTBOY REAR SHOCK ASORBER BUSHING...W0505

KARTBOY LOWER INNER FRONT CONTROL ARM BUSHING...W0506

KARTBOY ANTILIFT/CASTER CONTROL ARM INNER REAR BUSHING...KCA334

GROUP-N 5MT TRANS MOUNT

MEGAN RACING 08+ WRX REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS

MEGAN RACING 08+ WRX TOE KIT

Wheel setup:

One off custom Forgestar F14 in sunset orange 19x9 +35 ordered from Moore peformance

Nitto Motivos 255/35r19 ...minor pull on front and -2 camber for rear

COSMETIC;

flat blacked out front headlights, 20tint, stock wheels painted black, led interior lights and turn signals, RALLY BaysonR JDM replica lip (colormatched)

Smoked vinyl rear taillights

ARMOR FLAPS.

Prova raingaurds 6/15

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/S2BARU/download_20150423_200842_zps3yiiifbr.jpeg[/url]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/20130727_120318_zpsc0d95f9b.jpg

Edited by s2baru

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. Other 5thgens on here have close to those numbers, but ill give some credit to the tmic since not many people have that yet, and JohnJohn being a good tuner. If e85 was a practical option for me I wpuldve pushed for that but became unrealistic for me.

The thing I'm most impressed about is how UNBELIEVABLE it handles now. The torque for sure deffinately pulls it out of a corner like crazy compared to before.

Ya I know what you mean :). Personally I don't like the sound of the full invidia system, that's just me though. The axle backs were only 300$ so I got.a great deal on those awhile back and perrin sounds more sporty imo than throaty like the invidia. Ill have to take a sound clip soon.

I think you should deffinately make it over there now and see what they can do for ya. Ill be at the BigNorthwest meet so it'd be great to see another 5thgnlgt.

Nothing quite like a dynojet to inflate those numbers :lol:

Looks good though, I'm sure its fun.

With fewer modifications I put down 290hp/350tq on a mustang dyno. I don't think his numbers are that unrealistic. The joys of a 5th gen :wub:

With fewer modifications I put down 290hp/350tq on a mustang dyno. I don't think his numbers are that unrealistic. The joys of a 5th gen :wub:

Thats great for you. What CF, altitude, and temp was that at?

This dyno appears to show 250-ish hp/tq on a stock tune, which is incredibly high.

lol

This dyno appears to show 250-ish hp/tq on a stock tune, which is incredibly high.

Different 5th n 4th gens, same dyno

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1122&rgb1=000000255&runid2=796&rgb2=204000000&runid3=504&rgb3=000153000&runid4=1119&rgb4=153000255

Not sure about CF, but temp was around 70 and altitude is around 600 ft. 250ish does seem high for a stock tune but the majority of 5Gs are near this on many different dynos. It seems to be pretty normal.

Not sure about CF, but temp was around 70 and altitude is around 600 ft. 250ish does seem high for a stock tune but the majority of 5Gs are near this on many different dynos. It seems to be pretty normal.

Thats cool man you should be in the high 12s 1/4 mile then. I'll look forward to you posting your slip :D

lol

The baseline could be partially scewd due to having the axle backs on at that time but that can't be much there. The graph you posted is right within range of where I was. I couldn't tell ya the temp alt etc. But seattle isn't the highest place that's for sure and weather is mild.

I'm not too sure if ill ever get a run down the strip this summer but a high12 -low13 would be about right from runs I've seen others post. Quickest has been 12.2ish? I believe on e85, don't hold me to that thouh.

Different 5th n 4th gens, same dyno

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1122&rgb1=000000255&runid2=796&rgb2=204000000&runid3=504&rgb3=000153000&runid4=1119&rgb4=153000255

You're showing us an extraordinarily high reading dyno that is reading slighly lower than OPs dyno? :lol:

Like I said, I'm sure its a fun car, but the dyno is a bit high.

Um no. EFI's dyno reads low. Like an ej22 awd OBS makes 63hp.

I know one person who has a 405whp ej207 gc on ECS's dyno... that only made 361whp on EFI's. Both mustangs, 50 miles apart from eachother

It's always fun to see the bitching over the posted numbers. :spin::spin:

The delta from stock thru each of the mods is the best comparison of importance.

Op is posting nice gains for his car. Axlebacks adds are substantial, and the OP also has a 3" DP. Below is an example of same car, stock to axlebacks.

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1075&rgb1=000000255&runid2=1076&rgb2=204000000

The next, different car is stock, to Stage I, to Stage II.

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1121&rgb1=000000255&runid2=1122&rgb2=204000000&runid3=1296&rgb3=000153000

IGNORING ALL TOP NUMBERS AND LOOKING AT THE DELTAS GAINS ...... is show form stock to Stage I and Stage I to stage II. From the several tunes with the Rx TMIC posted from Stage II to Stage II+, the TMIC is consistently delivering 18-24 HP gains across the board above Stage II.

Add 20 HP to the second chart below, for delta to Stage II and this is about what to expect with the TMIC.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=547&pictureid=4881http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=547&pictureid=4879

subaru.com:

265hp / 258 ft-lbs.

efi dyno (average of two 2010 LGTs):

253hp / 240 ft-lbs.

So that's about 5-7% drivetrain loss from an AWD drivetrain... ok you're right thats a low reading dyno... :lol::lol::lol:

And yet the majority of 5gs show very similar numbers on different dynos at different locations under different conditions. They seem hight but it is what it is.

subaru.com:

265hp / 258 ft-lbs.

efi dyno (average of two 2010 LGTs):

253hp / 240 ft-lbs.

So that's about 5-7% drivetrain loss from an AWD drivetrain... ok you're right thats a low reading dyno... :lol::lol::lol:

The 5th gens are all over the map. 214 HP is also posted for stock baseline.

Didn't realize the pot would boil, another 4thgens input where its not needed. I'm never one for a batlle, just wanted to share with the 2010+ owners since our mod paths are going to be different and figured the graph would be benicial for a great tuning shop and US 5thgen community.

Since we don't have quite the development yet from supporting manufactures this is the best for route I went for my personal goals.

In reality fyi 91oct.mapping is for that and slightly conservative tune since a little more timing could've been done for more gains, but they felt it was unessecary.

Thanks for the backup miniccums