LegacyGT.com

Rotella T6 $20.99 all month at NAPA

Just got the sale flier today, seems the sale started Nov 1st and is good till Dec 31st.

Looks like there's a $7.00 mail in rebate too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hmm tempted. I still have over 1 1/2 gallons left from the two 2.5 gallon jugs I bought.

You do know it doesn't go bad in the bottle there is no shelf life. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

is this in store only? online is $30.99

I thought the flier said something about on-line, its at home, I can check later ... if I don't forget.

It's later,

The cover on the flier say's reserve on-line, pick up in store. NAPAonline.com

don't know about rebates, but wally world has them for $19.97

And Walmart will ship you that stuff to your door for free if you spend at least 35$ or so. At least around here.

---> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-T6-5W-40-Full-Synthetic-Heavy-Duty-Diesel-Engine-Oil-1-gal/102646780

No rebate though.

That you keep your car topped up on oil, is far more important than which oil you use. These cars are thirsty, and they blow up when they don't have enough oil in them.

That being said Rotella works well in these cars, and is pretty inexpensive. ($20 for a gallon of synthetic).

Brought to you by Pfizer

I'm using Valvoline synthetic...is my car going to blow up?

Should I switch to this stuff?

Serious...kinda....kinda not serious...pros/cons/???

keep using what you are using if it works and you have no oil consumption. Rotella T6 is popular cause its a full sythetic 5w-40, not a 5w-30, so its thicker and helps seal older EJs better can keeps oil consumption down and can take a beating from high heat. All that for $20 a gallon. There is nothing wrong though with using something else as long as you arent losing oil and are changing appropriately.

keep using what you are using if it works and you have no oil consumption. Rotella T6 is popular cause its a full sythetic 5w-40, not a 5w-30, so its thicker and helps seal older EJs better can keeps oil consumption down and can take a beating from high heat. All that for $20 a gallon. There is nothing wrong though with using something else as long as you arent losing oil and are changing appropriately.

Been using Rotella for a long time and still consumes oil :(. I have to check the level quite often or else, she'll be dead already.

I do admit the engine leaks a bit at the passenger valve cover. But still.

Archived