Windows 17% Tinted (Installed) - Audio Heaven

2008 Legacy GT Front End (Installed) - Subaru

2008 JDM Subaru Legacy S402 front grill - Subaru

2008 Front Eyelids (Installed) - R-Rev Sports

2006 STI Pedals (Installed) - Subaru

2006 STI Dead Pedal (Installed) - Subaru

Front Amber Switchbacks (Installed) - Amazon

JDM OEM Subaru Rain Visors (Installed)

Taillight Overlays (Installed) - zag300zx is the person to order the Tail light overlays from

JDM Spats (Painted - Not Installed) - Subaru of Japan

Front hood scoop (Installed) - CyberR

Rear trunk Lip (Installed) - RevR Sports

WRX CS Style Front lip (Removed) - Ebay Special

Parts No longer on the Car

2008 Front Grill (Retired) - R-Rev Sports

LED front Headlights (Retired) - Cree LED H7

Interior

Interior LED lights (Installed) - Diode Dynamics

2008 Radio with Aux-in (Installed) - Subaru

Accessport (Installed) - Cobb V2 sub 002

JDM double Din (Know where to find this - Don't want to spend that kind of money on it yet) - AVO JDM parts

Nexus7 (Installed) - Asus

S402 Black Interior have seatbelt trim, A&B pillar, Map & Dome light (Purchased - Looking for Rear triangle trim) - Subaru of Japan

JDM Nav Console (Installed) - Subaru of Japan

Trip Computer relocation bracket (Installed) - Subaru of Japan

Extended Arm Rest (Looking for one) - Subaru of Japan

LEDs inside of the trunk (Installed) - Ebay Led strips

JDM S402 STI Door Stills (Installed)- Subaru of Japan

Steering wheel (Installed) - DAMD

09 Spec B Seats & Door Cards (Installed) - Subaru of Japan

6.5" components for front (Looking for a set) - ??????????

6.5" speakers for rears - ??????????

Suspension & Rollers

Front Swaybar (Stock) - Whiteline bushings

23" adjustable Rear Swaybar (Installed) - Whiteline

Endlinks (Front & Rear - Installed) - Kartboy

Rear swaybar reinforcement mount (Not installed) - AVO

STI front control arms (Installed) - Subaru

ISC N1 Coilovers (Removed for Winter)

17" Advan reps on Winter Tires (Sold - cracked rim)

18" Advanti Racing Fastoso on Pirelli PZero 225/40ZR18 (Sold)

18" RAYS VOLK RACING SE-37A (Soon to be Installed) -

Motor & Drivetrain

Upgraded TMIC (Installed) - Grimmspeed

Tune - Cobb AP Stage 2 OTS

Dyno/Etune (To be sourced) - CyroTuning

Big Tube up-pipe (Installed) - Perrin

Stage 3 Clutch (Installed) - Competition Clutches

Recurculating BPV (Installed) - Perrin

Killer B Oil Pickup/Windage Tray (Installed) - Killer B

DW300C fuel pump (Installed) - DW

Solid pitch stop (Installed) - AVO

Q300 Cat back exhaust - (Installed) - Invidia

Catted 3" Downpipe (Installed) - CNT 3"

MT shifter bushings (Installed) - Kartboy

Short Shifter (came with the car) - Removed with 5spd

S402 shifter (Installed) - Tuned by STI

Shifter bushings (Installed) - Kartboy

JDM Spec. B 6spd Transmission (Soon to be removed) - 09 JDM Spec B

S402 STI 6spd Transmission (Puchased - Waiting on shipping)

S402 180 rear diff (Installed) - 09 JDM Spec B

Spec B front & rear axels (Installed) - 09 JDM Spec B

S402 rear lateral links (Installed) - 09 JDM Spec B

STI Aluminum Front LCA (Installed) - Subaru

Group N transmission mount(Installed) - Subaru

Cross Drill/Sloted Rotors (Installed)

Hawk Pads (Installed)

Group N engine mount - (Installed) Subaru

Rear Diff upgraded bushings (Installed) - Whiteline KDT905, KDT906

Parts No longer on the Car

Catless up-pipe (Retired) - Ebay special maybe a GS knockoff

3" downpipe adapter (Retired) - GS

2.5 Custom CBE with Magnaflo Muffler Delete's (Retired)

DW300 fuel pump (Sold) - DW

Purchased - Not Installed

Oil line & filter - InfamousPerformance

Custom VF52 Turbo - Custom VF52 from JMP

Turbo heatshield - Grimspeed

3port EBCS - Grimspeed

Top Feed Injectors - DW 1000cc

IAG Top feed Fuel Rail - IAG

Top Feed fuel rail - OEM 08 Legacy GT Parts

Top feed fuel lines - OEM 08 Legacy GT Parts

From the Beginning.....

I had zero intentions of modding this car, as I already have a motorcycle that is fast and fun, but it was getting to that time of year when the bike goes into storage.

I was mainly looking for something with AWD, Turbo'd, Heated seats, and manual, a plus would be if it was 4drs, but it had to be less then 10k as that was my budget. Some vehicles that came to mind, were Audi A4, Audi TT, Lexus IS300, Toyota MR2. They all fell short in one way or another, at which point I came across a autotragic LegacyGT, I was in love and it checked off every one of points except the ones I found in Toronto that were manual were all over 8k. After searching outside of the province I came across 2 potential legacy's that I would have considered buying. One in Quebec and another in Manitoba. I liked the one in Quebec, but I didn't feel comfortable sending a deposit to someone I never meet in another province. So I tried to make arrangements to fly down and see it but later that evening the guy message's saying someone local is coming to see the car and that it might be sold, so I thank the guy for getting back to me as I nearly had a ticket to Quebec but I wouldn't of had a car to buy. So I then contact the guy in Manitoba and tell him to consider the car sold but that he needs to make sure there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car so I can drive it back to Ontario. He gets the vehicle checked out and everything is in good condition. When everything checks out my girlfriend buys 2 one-way tickets for me and her to fly out there leaving the next morning. I make arrangements with the seller to have him pick me up and then go to check out the vehicle. I did have a few other cars that I had looked at that would have been OK backup cars if this one didn't work out, but I had my heart set on the legacy GT.

When we get there, the first thing my girlfriend notices is that the windshield is cracked, and that it was a little dirty but the motor sounded great. Drove it around the block and I knew this was going to be my next car, the seller told me that he had put a performance clutch in and that many people he showed it to could not drive it. Also that it had a K&N filter in there, and that he had done some exhaust work, all bonuses in my eyes for a fairly stock looking car. We finished up the paperwork, I went to the ministry out in Manitoba and put the car in my name as well as got some insurance for it. We, and when I say We, I mean I drove the car back to Toronto, my girlfriend was a great passenger for a trip like this but she didn't have a license or know how to drive at the time, something I should have taken into consideration but meh, wheres the fun in that. The whole trip took 31hrs from the moment we left for the airport to the time I pulled into our garage. Northern Ontario is simply beautiful, and I highly recommend making that drive out there.

Stopping for 2nd Tank of gas on the way back home.

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36437&stc=1

Winter was coming so I picked up some winter rims/tires, from a member on a local subaru forum.

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36713&stc=1

In December I decided it was time to upgrade all of my lights, so I ordered the Legacy GT LED kit from diode Dynamics, and picked up a set of Low beam LED's for the front headlights

23457105825_8def2000c0_c.jpg,

29248730265_549cb8c23f_h.jpg

Over the winter I started to notice that my break pedal would intermittently go down to the floor, after getting a recall check out by Subaru, they said something else is wrong with your pads, rotors, or calipers. So I bit the bullet and ordered some drilled and slotted rotors, as well as some EBC pads, but I figured while I am doing the pads & rotors, I might as well paint my calipers I painted them black but they don't standout as much as I would like so I've decided that I will be re-painting them red or gold soon.

26008287956_443433cea5_c.jpg, 25967805241_7e70f35771_c.jpg

As soon as changed the pads and rotors I should have know that I had fallen down the rabbit hole, as I started searching and ordering parts for when spring/summer rolls around, it started with a catless up-pipe, then I picked up an EBCS, then I grabbed a killer B oil pickup & windage tray, I then found an 08 radio with aux in.

Lets fast forward to June now, I had been looking for some summer rims & tires, but not in any hurry or rush except I was still on the winters that I had bought months ago. Well I ended up finding a few decently priced rims, I sent my girlfriend a few pics and she instantly fell in love with one set of rims. So I asked the seller to meet me so I could take a better look at them.

After seeing them in person I was sure that they were the rims I wanted to put on my car. I decided to pick up a used set of 235/45/18, price, condition, and the fact that they were 5mins from where I was picking up the rims made them an easy decision. But I should have looked into if those tires would fit under my wheel wells before buying them.......They wouldn't fit without serious work...IE coilovers, camber, and massaging the wheel arches....so I put the tires up for sale, and bought another set a few weeks later that would fit without any modifications.

29019184526_8e7d90a0e5_h.jpg

But my luck seemed to be running out as the performance clutch that was in the car had started to slip at first just in second gear between 3k-4k, a few weeks later I started to notice it slipping in every gear. At which point I was looking for another clutch to install. I came across what I thought was a good deal on a stage 2 - competition clutch with flywheel.

So I get started on removing everything to do the job, and this bolt decided that it did not want to come off. I figured while I have the transmission out and all of that extra room I should probably install this catless up-pipe that I have had sitting in a corner collecting dust. I did install it but man it was a pain in the @$$ to install.

28397286382_63deece6f5_c.jpg

Once I get that bolt off, I run into problems with the removing the flywheel because those Torx +50 bolts are such a pain. I was able to get 5 of 8 out but three were stripping and not wanting to come out....

I sprayed the three that where stripping with liquid wrench and left them for the night, I came back with a bigger torque bar, which seemed to do the trick.

28269491820_6a25caf713_h.jpg

Ty- 1 VS Torx+50- 0

When I was getting everything back in place I asked a buddy who works a a shop how much gear oil should it take and he told me 1.3L so I put it in, and before taking the car off of the jack stands tried to go through the gears, at which point when shifting I would get a loud bang......But all of the Subaru geniuses out there already know a manual Subaru takes 3.7L of gear oil, so when I found that out I put the correct amount in, dropped the car down and went for a test drive......Oh boy what a great feeling that was.

The whole time my girlfriend has been complaining about the crack in the windshield like from Oct when we bought the car, so I finally call around looking for someone that is mobile and willing to come and fix it. I know I have wanted to get my windows tinted for a little time now, so I also make an appointment with Audio Heaven to get them tinted the following week. I can't say enough about what kind of great work those guys do over there, as you can see the car looks great.

28794149410_43f285585d_h.jpg

So I figure I might as well order some eyelids, the mesh grill for the front of my car which as you know from the title is a 2005, and some tail light over lays since there is not much else I can do ascetically to the car, I know I'm looking for a WRX CS style front lip as well but nothing has come up lately.

At this point I have told myself I am done modding the car this year....But something always seems to come up that I just have to buy. Case an point a 2008 Legacy Front end comes up, and after looking to see that I can move my stock front end I proceed to tell the seller I will come up and pick up the whole front end from his legacy. I did ask if the colour was the same and I thought it was but I should have done more research on that. Because when I get home, and I drop all of my parts off, the colour is off...like way off, shit so much for not doing anything else for the year. I guess I shouldn't complain as I grabbed 08 rear split folding seats, as well as cap and some floor mats.

28794143140_deba7f125b_h.jpg

While I am on the way to pick up spray paint in a can that is the same colour as my car I come across a WRX CS style front lip, well there goes my not buying anything else as I end up picking up the front lip. I then spent the weekend sanding, priming, and painting the front end parts.

Sanding headlight covers, Blacking out my headlights, Chrome accents covered

29159200441_3d0132d8d4_c.jpg,29129429812_03724c3a04_h.jpg

Prepping fenders, bumper, and front lip

29082984776_5301d227db_h.jpg,29085881096_e3e22342bf_h.jpg,28528229233_3ef6c1956c_h.jpg

Girlfriend decided she wanted to help me spray paint the bumper

29041366752_0253f20e67_c.jpg

After a few coats of paint, its really starting to match the colour on my car, I'm very impressed with how that turned out so far.

29069348181_dd195b316c_h.jpg

Now I'm back at work this past monday and I see an email that there is a mistake with my grill/eyelid order and that I owe them money for shipping. Sometimes I really hate ordering parts from US companies, but this worked out to my benefit, as I now have an 08 front end that will be going on my car soon. But I ordered the front grill and eyelids for a 2005, so I call up the company and I explain the situation that I have no problem paying the extra shipping charge, but that I ordered the wrong grill and eyelids, and that from there website they seem to be priced the same for both model years, so I ask if I could I get the parts for the 2008. To my amazement they are happy to switch them and that they will be shipped out as soon as I send the amount in the email. The parts came in yesterday.28614853394_c185b872b3_h.jpg

I was looking for a turbo to get rebuilt, but I was only finding used ones for around $800 so when I found this one...well yea...obviously I picked it up. I had already contacted the only person I know that will take this and turn it into the best bang for your buck upgrade on this motor. JMP Custom VF52

29197355986_674b11ba01_h.jpg

Edited by tysparks81
Car is officially dead

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEFORE

29019184526_8e7d90a0e5_h.jpg

AFTER

29194408702_e514665927_c.jpg

I'm still trying to find away to clean up the fog lights, the glass on them is all pitted.....Anyone have any idea how to fix them? Sanding does not seem to work.

Are the foglights plastic or glass? Since sanding isn't doing the trick I'll assume they're glass. My daughter is a photographer and restores antique cameras. She uses Cerium Oxide powder to polish the old lenses. I found a BMW site that outlines the procedure for their foglights.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/143993-diy-fog-light-sanding-refinishing-pics.html

No reason it shouldn't work for you.

Its funny you mention that, as I was just stumbled across that post this morning, I was thinking about doing that, just not sure where I would get Cerium Oxide powder.

Now I have a question for you. I see you polished the plastic headlight lenses. Mine are stained inside and I don't know how to crack them open and reseal them. Any Legacy specific articles or threads that you know of, or maybe you documented how you did it (plus a step by step on how you blacked out the housings). Edited by elvin315

Now I have a question for you. I see you polished the plastic headlight lenses. Mine are stained inside and I don't know how to crack them open and reseal them. Any Legacy specific articles or threads that you know of, or maybe you documented how you did it (plus a step by step on how you blacked out the housings).

Now I have a question for you. I see you polished the plastic headlight lenses. Mine are stained inside and I don't know how to crack them open and reseal them. Any Legacy specific articles or threads that you know of, or maybe you documented how you did it (plus a step by step on how you blacked out the housings).

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/black-out-headlight-17817.html?highlight=clearing+headlights

There are a few 08's throughout the post, but you see more 08 from page24 on

This is the link I used.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/headlight-clearing-w-pics-08-09-models-108405.html?t=108405

I only sanded down the outside of the headlight plastic, I guess you could do the inside but you need to seal it afterwards with a good clear coat.

I also Heated the headlights in the oven when I was finished painting them, as soon as the silicone is heated up you can re-seal it, no need for extra silicone....Unless it wasn't sealed to begin with....in which case add some more, heat it up and re-seal it.

Very nice!

How did you wire up the headlights, specifically the turn signals and city lights?

Did you test fit your eyelids to make sure they fit JDM D-F headlights? I have a swapped front end now, but I bought some JDM eyelids that wouldn't fit my USDM face lifted front end and that is how I slowly figured out on my own that everything needed to be swapped to make a JDM D-F Outback bumper work.

Very nice!

How did you wire up the headlights, specifically the turn signals and city lights?

Did you test fit your eyelids to make sure they fit JDM D-F headlights? I have a swapped front end now, but I bought some JDM eyelids that wouldn't fit my USDM face lifted front end and that is how I slowly figured out on my own that everything needed to be swapped to make a JDM D-F Outback bumper work.

I used a USDM 08 NA legacy Front end so the headlights, and turn signals were plug and play.

I Ordered the USDM front grille & eyelids so everything lined up and fit as it should, well most of it did, The front grille is kinda off as the hood does not close without lots of force, and that is with the rubber trim under the hood removed, but I'm hoping to sort that out later this week.

Based on what I can see, you are amazingly good with a spray can. It looks very nice and I like the paint matched lip. Nice work.

Thanks this was my first time spray painting anything, there are spots that I am tempted to sand, repaint and clear again but that is my OCD kicking in, lol

Where did you buy the spray cans of color matched paint?

I have a bumper I need to sand, fill and paint. Thanks.

I got the cans of colour matched spray paint from Cawthra Automotive They are local to me and I'm not sure that they will ship it, but I would be willing to help get them to you. I also considered ordering from this place but I'm not sure how there paint would turn out.

****DON'T USE 1 STAGE PAINT**** Pay a little more for the 2 stage stuff, 2K clear gave it a much better shine, and I can't wait to cut and polish it as the orange peel in the finish is killing me right now, lol.

Never ever have I got rattle can to look 1/8 the quality as shown here. Even dipping for like 2 years I can't get that constancy.

It took more then a few coats, and I did wet sand between coats when I got runs or excess splatter. The passenger side fender is no where near as nice as the bumper or lip, but its all in the time you spend on it. I have two weekends, probably 30-40 hours into the whole thing.

• 5 weeks later...

So not much happening except I have ordered/bought or picked up the following parts.

Used CNT Catted 3" downpipe,

New 2008 OEM Foglights

STI Dead pedal

SwitchBack turn signals from amazon

I was sent the wrong switchbacks back in December and didn't realize until I tried to install them a few weeks ago. sucks for me.:mad: but what are you going to do. Will be picking up a 3" Grimspeed exhaust adapter this weekend. But this and the downpipe are going to be collecting dust until I have all of the other stuff as I'm still on the hunt for some injectors, a fuel pump, and an accessport but with the way things have been going with Cobb I may change my mind and go OS. :spin:

I still haven't had time to cut and polish the car, but will probably do it when my fog lights come in considering I'm going to need to take off the front end to put the foglights in. Which means the front lip will be coming off for the winter. But I'll get one good pic with everything install for you guys before I do.

Now I told the wife I needed to buy 4 more parts and I wouldn't buy anything else for the car until next year. But I keep looking at the Cyber R Hood scoop :wub:

Nice work with the rattle can! In for progress :)

Thanks LatentWagen.

Not much progress, but worked out a stupidly good deal on some ISC N1 coilovers that I just couldn't pass up. Also Picked up a Grimspeed 3" adapter, and a set of ISC N1 coilovers, not looking to stance my car just looking for a little drop in ride height .

Does anyone know if I will need the oem gasket or a flat gasket for the downpipe to midpipe if using this 3" downpipe adapter?

Thanks LatentWagen.

Not much progress, but worked out a stupidly good deal on some ISC N1 coilovers that I just couldn't pass up. Also Picked up a Grimspeed 3" adapter, and a set of ISC N1 coilovers, not looking to stance my car just looking for a little drop in ride height .

Does anyone know if I will need the oem gasket or a flat gasket for the downpipe to midpipe if using this 3" downpipe adapter?

Flat one side doughnut on the other end. Been a minute since I looked so I think the doughnut goes to the mid pipe/adapter side.

Flat one side doughnut on the other end. Been a minute since I looked so I think the doughnut goes to the mid pipe/adapter side.

Ok thanks Merc6, I know I didn't get the doughnut one with the adapter or with the dp, and my stock dp doesn't have any gaskets on it from the previous owner, I will pick one up this week