LegacyGT.com

Reverse Switch

I think the reverse switch on my 2013 6MT decided to call it quits...no backup lit and no R in the display. the 1-6 still appear.

Looks like there's two similar switches on the drivers side of the manual trans box... ones nearer the rear than the other.

I haven't figured out which one specifically is the reverse switch, though believe the part number is 32005 or 320008 .

Anyone have to replace this in a 2013 yet? Looks to have been a common thing to do in some years....

Found this attached diagram, thanks for any pointers.

diagram.thumb.png.029d53beecf8b67ee89395ef05298a90.png

well, I put in the new switch... it's better, but not solved. I think it just needs a thinner washer. So eventually this week I'll get to the local Ace to get one and see if that solves it.

Now at least, if I push the stick hard to the passenger side the reverse light comes on.

Replacing them isn't very difficult...

Remove the intake, unhook the connector and fish the wiring back, then use a 19mm crow-foot with ratchet to loosen then can unscrew by hand. (I took out the Neutral switch with a wrench and that sucked...get the crow-foot)

Attached the pics, this is on the drivers side of the manual transmission... the cables are a bit in the way, but they moved out of the way enough.

I haven't done the thinner washer ... yet, but it only took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

IMG_20190926_112400449.jpg.ef83a6d581969cd69e3e2537aeae83e0.jpg

IMG_20190926_114719074.jpg.f7d883fbae908255dfd48d75e3704417.jpg

IMG_20190926_114250120.jpg.519b4a060485350a2c7d06a4c48d3ff1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just as my final update...I got a thinner washer (not copper) at the hardware store and the reverse lights working fine. It's about 1/4 the thickness of the copper one that came with the new switch.

Was concerned maybe about leaking fluid..but no drips in 2 weeks.

Just as my final update...I got a thinner washer (not copper) at the hardware store and the reverse lights working fine. It's about 1/4 the thickness of the copper one that came with the new switch.

Was concerned maybe about leaking fluid..but no drips in 2 weeks.

pretty sure my switch just went out. Thanks for the pics!