LegacyGT.com

Replacement windshield molding got "wavy"

lgt_nube

A few days ago I noticed that the molding around my windshield (replaced in November 2006) was very wavy. The company that replaced the windshield said they used Subaru molding and didn't know what had happened. They were just here to check it and they're going to remove the windshield and replace the molding (and have a backup windshield available in case the windshield breaks). So, good service from them. The windshield guy also said he had done a number of Subarus and had never had that happen.

That was the second replaqcement windshield, the first by another company and that molding also got wavy in a couple of months.

Does anyone have a good idea about this wavy moulding issue with replacement windshields?

I've already replaced my windshield twice. The first time the guy warned me about the molding being wavy because it was tightly wrapped in a coil from Subaru. 2nd time, replaced by the same guy, the molding wasn't packaged in a coil so it wasn't all wavy and distorted.

I've already replaced my windshield twice. The first time the guy warned me about the molding being wavy because it was tightly wrapped in a coil from Subaru. 2nd time, replaced by the same guy, the molding wasn't packaged in a coil so it wasn't all wavy and distorted.
What do they have to do to get the molding not in a coil?

Archived