LegacyGT.com

Removing intake silencer - worth it?

scoobydoobie

Power wise, I have an AVO drop in and just flashed Cobb stage 1 93 map today. In your opinion is it worth it to remove the snorkel/snorkus/silencer in the fender? Can you hear the turbo/stock BPV much better than as is with AVO and silencer in place? Any bad effects to removing the snorkus?

:lol:

only two more questions.... how loud is it with the snorkus removed? and am I correct to assume there is hardly a performance gain to be had, and its just for aural pleasure? If you can hear more turbo noises, and get a slightly more aggressive sound with out any ill effects or sounding loud and ricey, I may try it out.

Thanks in advance and sorry about all the questions.

on my engine, a dyno has proven low end power loss from snorkus removal and no gains, except noise i guess...

some dont like the noise, I had mine out and put it back in after i got a straight pipe and felt the power come back. my snorkus stays where it is ftw

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

im going to be adding a tube and running it deep down into the fender well to pull colder air, but yeah it really only shows gains on the butt dyno, and sounds nice combined with my AVO drop in...

but i see no reason why the addition of the tube and the colder air wouldnt work quite well in decreasing intake temps. I will have to datalog before and after... I dont know how to datalog though so thats not going to make it easy... I am getting an AP in a month or so

Archived