LegacyGT.com

Rear shock lower bolt torque spec

subawang

My vacation pics show that the lower bolt on the rear shocks need to be torqued to 46 lb-ft. I see this spec both in the general overview diagram and also the instructions for replacing the shock. Is this correct? I figure the torque spec would be similar to the front strut lower bolts (>100 lb-ft). Anyone have a revised vacation pic which says differently?

• 3 months later...

As a disclaimer, I broke two bolts trying to tighten to the spec, T6 = 89ft-lbs, on the lower right connection for item 20 (camber link). The threads sheared right off, and both bolts were brand new. I ended up just going as tight as possible with a standard length 3/8 drive ratchet. These bolts were noticeably different from the other bolts in the system.

It's 118ft*lbs... T9 in this diagram:

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2446/rearsuspensionservicemaru2.jpg

• 9 years later...
As a disclaimer, I broke two bolts trying to tighten to the spec, T6 = 89ft-lbs, on the lower right connection for item 20 (camber link). The threads sheared right off, and both bolts were brand new. I ended up just going as tight as possible with a standard length 3/8 drive ratchet. These bolts were noticeably different from the other bolts in the system.

2013 legacy premium I stretched the hell out of a new bolt and the old one using 89 ft lbs and I even stepped it up in 10 ft lb increments. I eventually went to a nut and bolt store and got a real grade 10 bolt nut and two washers I then went to 89 ft lbs no problem. Good luck.