LegacyGT.com

Rear Diff bracket/ support compatibility

I was planning on replacing the bushings in my rear diff bracket (or support,or crossmember,what have you,lol) and found out that the spec B's have that bracket in aluminum.

I found a few,but they're listed for a 08-14 wrx sti. They look identical to the stock one. Will they fit? (maybe even a 15-16 one?)

Thanks a lot,Zack K.

Great,thank you. So my 05 5EAT has a R160 rear diff? I can get an aluminum bracket with low miles for considerably less that a stock used steel rusted one,just wanted to make sure it fits...

Zack K.

Just trying to wrap my mind around this....so an R160 diff would fit into the aluminum bracket,but the R180 wouldn't fit onto the stock steel one? That would mean that the R180 is wider,leaving a gap on the sides if I would to use it with an R160. Would it matter in terms of side to side stability? Or would the 4 bolts holding down the diff take care of that?

Thanks,Zack K.

Just trying to wrap my mind around this....so an R160 diff would fit into the aluminum bracket,but the R180 wouldn't fit onto the stock steel one? That would mean that the R180 is wider,leaving a gap on the sides if I would to use it with an R160. Would it matter in terms of side to side stability? Or would the 4 bolts holding down the diff take care of that?

Thanks,Zack K.

Basically. I think the R180 is technically too tall/difrent shape at bottom to fit in the steel one, the aluminum one has a bigger dip in the center.

The only point it's supposed to touch is the bolts, and it only uses two of the four. Subaru just buys the rear diff from someone, so the other two holes are used for another application.

Basically. I think the R180 is technically too tall/difrent shape at bottom to fit in the steel one, the aluminum one has a bigger dip in the center.

The only point it's supposed to touch is the bolts, and it only uses two of the four. Subaru just buys the rear diff from someone, so the other two holes are used for another application.

I was referring to to the other 2 bolts/studs at the back of the diff. Between all 4 (2at back,2at front)it should be fine.

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied,I love this site!

Zack K.

Archived