LegacyGT.com

Raptor Supercharger kit for 2.5 NA

Wonder if this would fit a 3.0R...

While I suspect someone competent could make it fit, the question I'd ask is, why? The 3.0R is perfect and sweet just the way it is.

That said, I suspect the mechanical adaptation wouldn't be that bad.... it would be the tuning that will not happen. Think about it, the 3.0R is one complicated motor, with AVCS and AVLS not to mention two more cylinders. And that $4500 is just a down payment on the total project when all is said and done. Trust me.

I dont get it whats wrong with the supercharger?? or is this a user to user thing :confused::lol::spin:

Actually, it looks like anyone who has a 2.2 or 2.5i might be interested in it. From the supplied info it looks like a well engineered product for those cars . My original comment was in response to whether it could be adapted to a 3.0R, where I do NOT think it will either work, or make sense.

Your quoted post was superfluous post whoring input and had nothing to do with this thread.

I actually know someone who is willing to develop a sc for the 3.0R and asked me to be the prototype. I dont have a DD & no cash right now so i cant do it.

I wouldnt mind have some more torque and power though...

More info??

While I have eliminated a turbo after reading everything available, a SC for the 3.0R would be a nice option..... were it a completely engineered solution. Trouble is, as I see it, there just aren't that many 3.0Rs nor H6 owners in general who are likely to spring for one. And since it is customers' money that turns these ideas into reality I highly doubt anyone is going to go through the expense of development on a SC for the 3.0R. According to all the sources I can find this engine is going to be discontinued in 2010, to underscore my pessimism here.

Actually, it looks like anyone who has a 2.2 or 2.5i might be interested in it. From the supplied info it looks like a well engineered product for those cars . My original comment was in response to whether it could be adapted to a 3.0R, where I do NOT think it will either work, or make sense.

Your quoted post was superfluous post whoring input and had nothing to do with this thread.

Still lost but uh sure what you said...anyway

That raptor kit WONT FIT a 2008 Legacy 2.5i (Ej25) :icon_frow but they hope to have the 2008 Legacy in the model range later this year :confused: man guess it is back to suspension mods

They are discontinuing the 3.0R :eek: I saw a sweet vid this guy put a 3.0 R in a older model Subie with custom headers was a most ripping video :p

Still lost but uh sure what you said...anyway

That raptor kit WONT FIT a 2008 Legacy 2.5i (Ej25) :icon_frow but they hope to have the 2008 Legacy in the model range later this year :confused: man guess it is back to suspension mods

They are discontinuing the 3.0R :eek:I saw a sweet vid this guy put a 3.0 R in a older model Subie with custom headers was a most ripping video :p

Got a link?

And yeah, :eek: indeed. Here it looks like Subaru has a great engine developed and they're discontinuing it!!?? Plus, where does it leave those of us who have one and intend on keeping it a long time. :spin:

Got a link?

And yeah, :eek: indeed. Here it looks like Subaru has a great engine developed and they're discontinuing it!!?? Plus, where does it leave those of us who have one and intend on keeping it a long time. :spin:

Hm from my understanding its not a discontinuation per se ...more of an upgrade.

The 3.6 H6 is more power and regular fuel

Would any one be able to test the AVO kit and this Raptor kid side by side to see which would be better. i have alota 2.5 friends who would love this.

AVO's kit is still under development. They need cars for Accessport tuning/testing right now. They made a kit for the 2.5RS Impreza, so I'd say it'd be about the same for the Legacy kit. It ran at 6psi providing 212WHP (about 275 crank hp)

AVO's kit is still under development. They need cars for Accessport tuning/testing right now. They made a kit for the 2.5RS Impreza, so I'd say it'd be about the same for the Legacy kit. It ran at 6psi providing 212WHP (about 275 crank hp)

:eek: man that aint half bad for the 2.5i but im sure you engine wouldnt last long running on the higher end of the boost settings i would get a kit like this and run 7psi or maybe 5psi so i could have longevity and a lil more power

Oh SNAP! For the Stage 2 kit, it's rated at 8psi. I thought that's too much for the NA high compression engines to handle? Hmm, this or wait for the AVO turbo kit...

Hence the refernce to "decompression head gaskets".

Might increase the install time beyond 2hr.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived