LegacyGT.com

Raptor headers

So I bought the raptor headers and come to install them but the piping doesn't reach all the way to the stock cats, does anyone know what cats to buy to weld on to an extension pipe. I've been told to buy magnaflow but saw there were some that had issues. Any help with this whole thing would be appreciated.

So I bought the raptor headers and come to install them but the piping doesn't reach all the way to the stock cats, does anyone know what cats to buy to weld on to an extension pipe. I've been told to buy magnaflow but saw there were some that had issues. Any help with this whole thing would be appreciated.
Do you have someone ready to help you tune the car after the install? If not, get that sorted out first.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I'd say the gap is a good 12 inches on each side. I'd think that'd be enough to weld in a cat. I've never had to customize an exhaust...does anyone know anyone in or around central Jersey that is reputable to customize this?

Hey man give AZP Installs in Kenilworth a call and they will guide you in the right direction and possibly even hook this up for you. They are good! People travel from PA and CT to get work done with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrCobbs

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Were you able to get this installed?

Finally got the headers put in with high flow cats and the tuning along with it. Best things you can do to this car...hands down. If you're looking into getting this done, it's totally worth it.

Not a great pic, but you can at least see them. Im hopefully going to continue the exhaust build until the mufflers. I'm not sure I want the car to be any louder. Still trying to work that out.

Screenshot_20180310-232438_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0319390fced034c978fab75a023e50b2.jpg

Edited by diesel4982

Yes, it does need tuning. I used Matt (throttle happy) for the tuning, really changes the car in a great way. As far as sound goes, there is slight sound just from having the headers in, it's not overbearing in any way and only comes out really at full throttle. This is my daily driven family car so I don't want it too loud, just more fun to drive. Edited by diesel4982

Nice, I may need some info on who you had to install it and what was needed. I spoke with the guys over at Nameless and they are developing a 5” muffler for the 2018 MY Legacy and I can’t wait!

Smoked this dude in a 3-Series today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...