LegacyGT.com

RacerX Products

Hello All,

New to this forum, recently purchased a 11' LGT that i will use as a daily and also looking to do a few upgrades.

Car currently has J-Pipe, Full Invidia N1 Exhaust , and on AP3 with Stage 2 OTS map.

Looking into getting a Large TMIC or Possibly FMIC and the options are limited. I saw the post from a member here that shows most of a 08+ WRX FMIC kit stuff fits with some modifications.

I seen everyone using the RacerX Charge pipe but i can't find his products online. Is he still in business?

Not looking for big power, just something fun to drive back and fourth to work.

Future plans:

TMIC or FMIC

Cobb Flex Fuel Kit

1050x Injectors

DW300 Fuel Pump

JR ProTune

Great forum you guys have here, thanks in advance for the info!

Unfortunately, RacerX products are essentially unobtainable at this point unless you can find them used from previous owners. 15+ WRX TMICs will fit our cars. I've got a Grimmspeed 15+ WRX TMIC in mine

Thanks for the info.

Any other options for a Charge pipe?

It's also worth noting that the 2015+ WRX turbocharger is different from ours, so a charge pipe from the WRX will not bolt on the same. I have wondered if you could make one of them work, but it's not guaranteed.

I'm using the AVO CP w/o issue if you're looking for another option if this one isn't available I would look to that.

Did you swap out your passenger side radiator fan to make it fit? I've heard that fitment is doable but some mention some trimming or swapping of the fan.

Did you swap out your passenger side radiator fan to make it fit? I've heard that fitment is doable but some mention some trimming or swapping of the fan.

Heard the Bolts have to be trimmed flush as they protrude and press against the charge pipe.

On another note, if you find any AVO Charge pipe for sale let me know. There was one on ebay and it's now out of stock.

No, the OEM fan housing is used and bolt weren't trimmed. Here is a picture showing the concern others had mentioned about the bolt touching the charge pipe. It is poking in maybe 1 mm into the side of the silicon but I can understand how trimming the end of this bolt would make this easier. I looked into a Mishimoto slim fan shroud but decided to not proceed until trying without and it was successful so I saved myself several hundred more dollars.

Also these are still available from the AVO US online retailer, wpdusa.com for $328, but you can choose your color =)

UnFQKbX.jpg

Edited by Brianha42

No, the OEM fan housing is used and bolt weren't trimmed. Here is a picture showing the concern others had mentioned about the bolt touching the charge pipe. It is poking in maybe 1 mm into the side of the silicon but I can understand how trimming the end of this bolt would make this easier. I looked into a Mishimoto slim fan shroud but decided to not proceed until trying without and it was successful so I saved myself several hundred more dollars.

Also these are still available from the AVO US online retailer, wpdusa.com for $328, but you can choose your color =)

UnFQKbX.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pic as that shows what people are talking about with the AVO and bolt trimming.