LegacyGT.com

pulled a learning view

snow05gtRI

1- Maf needs to be (re)scaled.

Your idle fuel trims are way off...it might be a leak. All the boxes in the airflow range box should always be less than 3-5%....right now the lowest one in your case is 6%.

The 40+ region correction (6% in your case), needs to be less than 1-2% IMO. The good news it is adding fuel (positive number), so you are likely running rich on the highend.

2 - you are getting some knock in the 4000- 4800 RPM range. It does not look terrible, by I like to see 0 learned knock in anything about 2600 RPM.

thank you for the offer! I've sent ya a PM.

for the record, I have an AEM CAI. I just changed the filter on it recently, as well. The old filter was real dirty. I never reset the ECU after doing so. I am dyno tuned, and have not changed a single part on the car since I was tuned. I did have some issues with my initial tune, though, and it was fixed via emailing me a new tune for me to flash myself, and then tested on the road, but none of the "fixing" used a WBO2.

The front AFR sensor does handle the closed loop learning. I don't remember what the rear AFR sensor does, but people only actually figured out what it does like a year ago, and it wasn't a huge deal. You can log your front AFR sensor. If the values are stable, it's probably fine. If the values make no sense, like if they are bouncing around, then you should replace it.

Sorry, best I can do. I'm no tuning guru, at least not yet. Working on it.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

the leak in the crosspipe is not all that small... check out the video here. For reference, I'm looking down between the radiator and timing belt cover, from the passenger side of the car. You can see the driver's side arm of the crossover pipe, the gold color, it is wrapped in header wrap.

https://picasaweb.google.com/havokx9/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIjz6pPOgNiD2AE#5598181744230099554

There was seafoam poured onto the crossover pipe which began smoking significantly. You can see all of the air coming out of the crosspipe pushing the smoke around. The radiator fans are not running.

Grimmspeed is sending me a replacement.

Took another LV the other day and the adjustment in the second cell has doubled (it is 7.7 in the one above, now over 15) and the 3rd and 4th cells have swapped (one is now 6ish, the other 5ish, versus the picture above). I will post the new one when I get home, and probably take another to see if it is changing daily.

At light throttle around 2.5-3k RPM I am getting a pulsing hesitation in every gear (well, 3rd, 4th, 5th is where i noticed... dont cruise in 1st/2nd often). Would this connect to the 2nd cell of A/F learning?

I am tempted to reset the ECU, but with it thinking that I need to be dumping extra fuel in there, wouldn't resetting it make me run lean if the measurement/adjustment is actually correct??

My tuner is saying it is probably an inlet tube leak, but I feel like that would have come up during the boost leak test. The test was done by hooking up an air compressor to the input of the inlet tube (so where the intake connects) and pressurizing. I was told we could only get it up to 2psi because there are check valves that will release anything higher than that. However, the system would hold all pressure after the check valves stabilized until we let it out of the BPV by removing the hose.

the AFR adjustments should only be +/- 5%. + would be rich. However an inlet/vac leak could cause the same prob but since we did a boost leak test I'm sure it's not that. When I do a system test I get the psi up to the targeted boost that I'm running 18 and wait for leaks.

A header leak causes richness (hence the + AFR adjustments.....)....this is a known fact and doesn't matter what kind of car you have, the ECU's seem to all respond the same: "ADD FUEL WTF". Resetting the ECU will still yield a rich state because it's a mechanical problem and it can't adjust for physical problems on it's own to a certain extent (tuning). Get the new header asap. You have CEL's?

check valves ????

No. You're right to connect it at the inlet tube. But also note it will send pressure into the tubes connected to the inlet.

1) PCV

2) Evap

3) EBCS reference

1 and 3 are fine to leave connected. 2 is probably fine for small pressure. If you got it to hold pressure then it obviously is all good. I don't know if that evap valve at #2 is designed to handle a lot of pressure. The reference tube can see a lot of pressure, but not sure about pressure actually flowing into the vent port.

A pre-AFR sensor leak is definitely your problem. Good trick with the sea foam, going to try that to find an exhaust leak of my own.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

No CELs. I think the pipe is in the mail, gonna install it as soon as I can.

the hesitation around 2.5-3k RPM just started happening on Thurs/Fri. Thats also when the cell 2 in the A/F learning doubled from the one seen above.

yeah crossover pipe shouldn't be a problem, just hoping it's not torqued to the point that I need power tools to get it out.

I was told "check valves" when running the leak test. When we pressurized, something would make a honking (like a balloon being stretched at the opening when letting air out) sound briefly then stop, and the rest of the system would hold pressure until we let it out.

I guess my plan of action is crosspipe install > reset ECU > see if same learning comes back. I would think that if I didn't reset the ECU it might not be as obvious

yeah that check valve- the one I believe is for the fuel press regulator, makes that noise.....I just removed it and plugged the hoses so it doesn't distract you. reinstall it after, tho.

(this is why I tried to rush to get to the garage while you were doing this, alberto usually doesn't pressurize the system high enough) however i dont think this is your prob...

I have also had my doubts about my FPR recently. Getting a strange noise sometimes when I turn the key to "ON" (but not cranking the engine) to let the fuel system prime. Mainly shows up when very damp/humid outside.

too many variables :spin:

here are the LV's. First one from Friday, second from today, and a small log pulled this evening. AF Correction #1 is kinda going crazy. This is from idle, small cruise (no WOT), back to idle.

sample interval on the log is big, but I think it's because i didn't have the BAUD rate set up properly for my VAG-COM cable.

1445549757_LearningView_SS_4-22-201165722PM.jpg.0c948cee2443e617365c48acaf9f14d6.jpg

437275366_LearningView_SS_4-25-201174648PM.jpg.31b5da84d3e2ec8cf6073b089df2cc8e.jpg

romraiderlog_20110425_195006_modified.csv

ok, well, you didn't go into boost :doh:

but

you're vac is perfect at idle, so it's not a vac leak. AFR is as rich as expected and fluctuates as you accel and add air to that fuel, I'm sure it doesn't run smoothly....

Archived