LegacyGT.com

Prosport Boost Guage Accuracy?

edmundu

To those who have the Propsort Premium boost guage, what has your experience been in respect to their accuracy?

I just installed one, and while my logs never show higher than 21psi, the guage peaked at 23psi(real convenient feature). Now is this due to the stock 2.5bar map sensor being inconsistent at its limits, or perhaps the guage I have is off?

I will be testing out lower boost settings just to confirm my first question, but thought I'd ask other's what their experience with these guages has been.

BTW....love the guage! Now I wish the rest of the dash was as white! Oh, and of course it was mounted into the famous "Cubbypod" by Casapolis, and I have my Aquamist DDS3 sitting next to it. Not hooked up yet,but soon;)

UPDATE: See post #10.

Did some more testing this AM, and same results! At WG psi(14-15), the guage had a peak reading of 16-17psi. And I also tried some around the 10psi mark, and my logs only showed 8.12psi max. This wasn't a temporary spike, it was a prolonged error. It was off for multiple lines of data.

Curiously, at 0psi, it aligned much better...the logs would show 0.39psi. This is what I was expecting. I'll contact Prosport in the meantime, but I figured I would bounce this off you guys first.

Well, I have contacted Prosport, and let them know about my experiences, and also mentioned my posting of it here.

But, hopefully this is something that can be remedied with a new guage....cause the whole purpose of getting it was for the accuracy...

Wow:icon_surp:! Hyperfast response from Glenn at Prosport! He mentioned that he would be more than willing to check the boost sender, so I will be getting that off to him, and he said he would make good on it:)

UPDATE: I just received a new sending unit from Prosport, and it has not corrected my boost error's! It still reads 2+psi higher than my logs. I managed to find my old mechanical cartech boost guage, and hooked it up. Rock solid boost displaying exactly as my ST dashboard was registering. So there is something amiss with the Prosport.

I would like to thank Glenn from Prosport, for his very quick turnaround & willingness to immediately resolve the problem. I shipped my unit to him, and received the new one within 1 week total time. But this one is going back too:(.

• 1 year later...

Mine is accurate (within 0.1 at 20 psi) but sender units from Prosport are so-so. I had an oil sender go for example.

I'm not on the ragged edge for a tune nor am I WOT for minutes at time, so using the Prosports to know when my oil is warm (when pressure stabilizes), that I'm not losing any boost to any major leaks or have a vac hose issues, or maybe giving me a second or two heads up with a major issue with boost spikes/loss of oil pressure, the price was worth it.

If I tracked the car dozens of time a season, I'd probably go with higher-end solution.

Any other opinions? Like Beanboy, I'm not using the gauge to tune the car. 1/4 lb psi margin of error is worth saving over $100 at this point to me. Car is stock now and next year I'll be going Stage 2 with a STI up, gutted down, and Cobb AP.

My Pro-sport worked fine to about 17 psi. But at 22 psi it was off by about 2 psi.

Then a got a new sending unit..............same result. So I got rid of it.

What do you guys think of other prosport gauges? Such as the premium electric oil pressure gauge and egt gauge? I won't be using these to tune, just want a warning when I need to back off running hard or that something isn't working right in the engine.

Archived