LegacyGT.com

POLL to guage interest in N/A-specific exhaust components....

Would you be interested in MR exhaust components?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in MR exhaust components?

• Full exhaust: headers, midpipe, mufflers
    • Header-back exhaust only
    • Headers only
    • Anything and Everything you can throw at me!

Okay guys, as most of you probably have seen, BoostJunkie has become a vendor on these boards for MeganRacing. Trohler asked if any N/A specific exhaust components could be made. I seconded that. So, here is a poll to see how many of you would actually be interested. I know that many aren't and some of the guys are gonna chime in saying just go buy a GT, blah blah blah. But let's not get sidetracked w/ TOO many comments, and see if we can get this off the ground.

I'm in for anything..

Mainly headers, As long as the headers would be unequal lenght (the equal lenght headers kill the boxer sound) and have all O2 sensor bungs in place.

Catback or just Mid/Ypipe would be cool too if they accepted stock mufflers/ Prodrive Mufflers, etc.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Hey guys, figured I'd jump in since we are talking about my products. Realistically, about the only thing I could see making the light of day would be a 2.5" midpipe that would bolt to the same mufflers that MR is using for the LGT. Show of hands for how would be interested in that.

A header might happen, but there will have to be more potential buyers before I can make a convincing case for them to invest in developing and production such a product. But if the N/A guys can all get together and make a good case to me, then I'll be more than happy to push it to happen.

Definite interest in the mid-pipe/muffler combo from MR if that is the most realistic option. But, I'm sure everybody is still curious about the possibility of an intake that fits up with everything (bolt-on application) because of the reasonable gains that can be seen with it on the N/A

I'm very close to buying a new Legacy, but my funds are limited so I will not be blessed with a GT...so any mods for the NA are a great treat for me! Bring em on!

Off subject* but this will be a great transition for you. I got out of my 01 ZX3 s2 in March for a 2.5i. Best choice ever.

On subject* anything and everything. Hogzawst is good but not enuf.

Hey guys, figured I'd jump in since we are talking about my products. Realistically, about the only thing I could see making the light of day would be a 2.5" midpipe that would bolt to the same mufflers that MR is using for the LGT. Show of hands for how would be interested in that.

A header might happen, but there will have to be more potential buyers before I can make a convincing case for them to invest in developing and production such a product. But if the N/A guys can all get together and make a good case to me, then I'll be more than happy to push it to happen.

Mid pipe would be good, as long as it would accept stock mufflers, and other muffler sections designed to bolt up to the factory pipe (ie Prodrive, Blitz, etc). Also i think i resonator would be a must.

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I must be missing something - what good would a new midpipe be without new mufflers?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Id be in for a midpipe also. I'll take anything.

I must be missing something - what good would a new midpipe be without new mufflers?

After you get a midpipe, you can go w/ any mufflers you want, and get all the gains posssible. The mufflers are easily replaced. The rest of the piping is where the N/A guys have no support and would be required to go custom. You buy the midpipe, and get whatever mufflers you want, and voila, your very own catback.:)

The midpipe I was talking about would just be a smaller diameter version of the one designed for the LGT (2.5" instead of 3", to avoid a loss of exhaust gas velocity and thus low-end torque). It would bolt up to the same mufflers from the MR LGT catback. It is not designed at fit up to the stock mufflers or mufflers intended to be compatible with the stock y-pipe.

Thats kind of a downer, i was hoping to use Prodrive Muffers.

Any pics of the new design mufflers you speak of in your post in the Exh section. I know the first mufflers i saw in that post left a little to be desired. Also any idea on pricing. I know people will want to know that.

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

• 2 months later...
Guest subiecity
we really need unequal lenth headers and midpipe if be more then happy to buy both....but if its gonna take too long...again rallitek has equal lenth headers(which i hate n kill the boxer sound) and ill go for a borla full exaust catless.......i cant wait much longer i have a need for speed and of ourse im gonna need more power

what is the difference between the GT and a 2.5I? sorry i'm new guys to the whole subaru thing... because i just bought a 2003 legacy GT limited... and i'm looking at some performance mods my self but it seems to be very limited and from what i'm hearing here oh my i'm gonna have fun... and what is the factory hp on mine if posssible. thanks guys

the newer GTs are Turbo, your 03 is not. You can use almost any part designed for the older Impreza's, Foresters and your same generation Legacy, Boxer4racing.com is a good parts source for your car.

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

the newer GTs are Turbo, your 03 is not. You can use almost any part designed for the older Impreza's, Foresters and your same generation Legacy, Boxer4racing.com is a good parts source for your car.

Tolly

what year is my gen good for ? i knew the 05 up legacys were turbo but didn't know which model line was... but that's good to know :) still wish i had turbo... this a good place to b*tch, run and then cry? lol jk thanks alot

Archived