LegacyGT.com

Phone losing Pairing

Has anyone had issues with their phone not staying paired with the car.

I have had my Limited xt since December and have had the issue over and over. It doesn't seem repeatable, sometimes it is good and others it is not.

I had an Samsung S10 and i upgraded to a S20+ in March and it has the same issue, so i don't think it is the phone. I don't have issues with my buds losing the pairing.

Any ideas?

To fix it, i have to delete the phone and readd it.

I have an iPhone and a couple of times it wouldn't connect but worked next time with no intervention on my part.

I can't remember if i have waited to see if it worked the next time i used the car. I will try that and see what happens.

Mine did the same thing, so I took it to the dealer to check out. After much attention to the vehicles blue tooth connection it turned out to be my Samsung Galaxy that was at fault. Basically I had to delete the previous blue tooth connections related to the Subaru and start from scratch and that has worked for a month or so since. However, my workplace uses Subaru as fleet vehicles, so there were a few connections to other Subarus on my phone. But the phone didn't have issues connecting to the other previous generations of fleet Outbacks and Foresters, so not sure if my 2020 Legacy was confused as well.

If it hadn't happened with my S10 too, i would think it was the phone.

My S10 didn't have any issues with the bluetooth in my old car.

I am still waiting for it to happen again to see if it will resolve itself without deleting and repairing.

So it happened again yesterday. I tried turning off the car and opening the door and restarting it. That didn't work. Then i tried turning off bluetooth on my phone and back on again and that didn't work. The problem is when you are driving the phone keeps getting a message that the car wants to pair and if you click connect, it fails, but i keep getting the beeps constantly unless i turn off bluetooth.

The final thing that i tried is to change the name my phone for bluetooth. i had a space in the name and i was thinking maybe that could be the issue.

So it happened again yesterday. I tried turning off the car and opening the door and restarting it. That didn't work. Then i tried turning off bluetooth on my phone and back on again and that didn't work. The problem is when you are driving the phone keeps getting a message that the car wants to pair and if you click connect, it fails, but i keep getting the beeps constantly unless i turn off bluetooth.

The final thing that i tried is to change the name my phone for bluetooth. i had a space in the name and i was thinking maybe that could be the issue.

I have been having this exact issue randomly, about once every month or so. Same behavior as you.

For me, the only fix is to delete my android phone from the Legacy head unit, then to pair it back with the car.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The problem is when you are driving the phone keeps getting a message that the car wants to pair and if you click connect, it fails, but i keep getting the beeps constantly unless i turn off bluetooth.

Speed Test

Yes that is very annoying. I have found if i plug the phone in, someone connecting it fixes the issue. I am guessing it has to with android auto using the bluetooth as well. It is much easier than re-pairing bluetooth. It has worked the 4 or 5 times i have had the issue since the 504 upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
Update to my new replacement head unit. I just pick it up and haven't had a chance to check on if any bugs have been worked out but the one thing I noticed instantly...it's twice as loud. At one point I had thought about getting the Fosgate amp, but now there is no need. I haven't adjusted the EQ, so not sure about the fidelity but it is so much louder than before.