LegacyGT.com

Performance Muffler/louder Noise

Hey Guys,

I have an 03 Legacy L, and I'm tired of the stock noise that that muffler and exhaust system makes. I already looked at some eBay headers and I'm planning to buy one soon, but my main concern is the stock muffler I have on right now. its a "turn down" design and there's no room (I think) for a exhaust tip to come out by the bumper as there is no cutouts. do you guys know of any mufflers that'll help achieve that subie rumble? I believe it has a 2" inlet and outlet stock

Any idea if this will fit? It says it's for the wagon but I'm assuming they use the same parts, if not I'll just get the muffler you linked, thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EXSTD48/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494704763&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=obx+98-03&dpPl=1&dpID=31nhcT1RyBL&ref=plSrch

Yes mines loud but I'm not a ass about it. if i come home at night i cruise down the street in neutral. When I pull away it does shake my house I'm told lol. Really any exhaust is loud at night down a residential

Ok my house is on a hill so I have to accelerate, not really fast but in like 2 gear, shouldn't be a problem I think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My exhaust is loud whenever I accelerator. If i'm already rolling and keeping it at 2-2.5k is not bad if i find the sweet spot.

Subarus are deep. Like hearing someone with subs and all you here is bass and not the song if you get what I'm saying.

My friends says I shake their house when I leave and they here me coming from a mile away... none of my neighbors every really complain. I live in a neighbor hood with a lot of older people too. I just done rip it up and down the street late at night and drive away slow.

My exhaust is loud whenever I accelerator. If i'm already rolling and keeping it at 2-2.5k is not bad if i find the sweet spot.

Subarus are deep. Like hearing someone with subs and all you here is bass and not the song if you get what I'm saying.

My friends says I shake their house when I leave and they here me coming from a mile away... none of my neighbors every really complain. I live in a neighbor hood with a lot of older people too. I just done rip it up and down the street late at night and drive away slow.

Yea I get you, I hear wrxs pass by my job all the time next to to a traffic light and it isn't too bad but definitely a deep sound

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have just the Borla header and the oem exhaust all the way back it added some nice noise in the cabin, and if your standing close to it. but unless you really are on it it sounds damn near factory. i need to do a cat back next.

• 1 month later...

You could just do what I did and delete the axle back portion of the exhaust and add a custom bent length of pipe and tailpipe out the back.

People think I have some kind V6 or V8 in my car due to the way it sounds with my UEL headers. Seriously on take offs in 1st gear, it sounds like a high revving V8 and it's not too obnoxious at idle either. Without the extension, your back seat passengers might hate you at cruising speeds and the drone might drive you nuts, me personally though have gotten used to it.

Here is mine after I deleted the axleback, installed the header and rebuilt the engine. This was literally an hour after first startup of the new engine. It was too quiet with the muffler on it and UEL headers. You couldn't hear it rumble :( :

You could just do what I did and delete the axle back portion of the exhaust and add a custom bent length of pipe and tailpipe out the back.

People think I have some kind V6 or V8 in my car due to the way it sounds with my UEL headers. Seriously on take offs in 1st gear, it sounds like a high revving V8 and it's not too obnoxious at idle either. Without the extension, your back seat passengers might hate you at cruising speeds and the drone might drive you nuts, me personally though have gotten used to it.

Here is mine after I deleted the axleback, installed the header and rebuilt the engine. This was literally an hour after first startup of the new engine. It was too quiet with the muffler on it and UEL headers. You couldn't hear it rumble :( :

Sound good, I just want to sound deaden the trunk as its a pretty bad drone on the highway

Sound good, I just want to sound deaden the trunk as its a pretty bad drone on the highway

I got a video for that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgGs5PZrNIw

You can cheap china versions on ebay for 10$ but it's pretty think and super sticky. The frostking is a lot easier to work with. Also buy two rolls.

Archived