LegacyGT.com

Performance 5EAT options? (05 LGT)

Nuar

Hey guys.

My girl has been out of a car for over 6 months now. Dealing with transmissions issues and with multiple shops.... this is getting RIDICULOUS.

At this point we are looking into potential performance transmissions that can hold extra power... even though her car is only pushing around 260Hp and about 300 torque. (her tuner and other tuners said that tranny SHOULD hold over 300HP easy)

4th gear clutches are getting toasted.

Is IPT really the only damn option out there for these complete piece of sh** transmissions??

Any advice would be really appreciated.

There are several outfits that that make clutch packs for the transmission. Your local shop can install them. For valve body, trasngo shift kit. Again, have your local shop install it.

If you want to DIY it, the trannys are getting fairly cheap at junk yards.

At 300ft-lb torque you're well within the limits of the transmission mechanically. Does it have larger injectors by chance?

Yes it does.

BNR 16G turbo

Fuel pump

Injectors

Full exhaust (high flow catted down pipe)

EBCS

perrin TMIC and turbo inlet.

I was looking for a place that sells an already built up tranny with some sort of warranty.

I just want her to get her subie back and me get my winter beater back lol.

Your problem is the calculated torque tables aren't adjusted for the injectors. The ECU tells the TCU how much torque to expect over CANBUS. This torque calculation is based on injector pulse width, and if you don't change the table scaling with your injectors it will actually tell the TCU to expect LESS torque. Thus the transmission is running lower line pressure and eating itself.

Find a tuner that will do this for you: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9358

Note that this is Opensourece (ECUFlash) only. The tables are not defined on an accessport to edit.

If you want to do the shift kit as well, here is the info: http://www.transgo.com/products.php?prd=5EAT-HD2&homeinclude=catalog&category_id=146&parent_id=43&product_id=268&countdisplay=1&start=0&addcountview=Yes

Go buy a junk yard tranny, it'll be fine. No one will warranty a tranny on a modified car anyway.

They didn't do it, it's something that was discovered relatively recently and isn't in the "official" definitions. There are only three or four outfits that actually take care of this without specifically asking for it.

I'm sure they'd be willing to go tune that table for you though. They need to rework the table so the values represent actual engine torque for a given load in n-m, with the max value clamped at "408". They should also rescale the requested torque table to also max at "408"

If one of the “mainstream” shops/tuners would take this on they’d have a LOT of customers... All of the indie outfits doing it have been banned from the forums or dropped out of the game. There are a lot of people that aren’t comfortable DIY’ing this, even with detailed instructions.

*poking Cryo*

Is there a definitive guide or is the information somewhat scattered? I'll be honest I haven't read into it deeply. I know there is info over at romraider and I've read a bit but if there is an actual guide I know I would be a bit more likely to diy.

It won’t really do much in your case (unless you add a supercharger).

The closest how to is in the “5EAT ask your questions” thread on here when a I found the tables in the ‘05-‘06 ROMs and the formentioned banned/retired tuners mentioned how they were tweaking it.

Why were the tuners banned??

This sounds like VERY important information that everyone should be aware of! We went through 3 used transmissions already trying to figure out what keeps eating the 4th gear clutches...

I was about to ask about some article or more in depth info to show the tuner... guess that's a no? :/

If we can't figure this crap out this car will have to be sold and we're leaving the subie game i guess :/

My girl loves that legacy. I do too, it's a blast to drive when it actually drives :(

One was banned for pushing his wares without paying vendor fee (shall not be named). One I’m not sure, but his entire post history is gone (throttlehappy). One never directly advertised his services here, but left the scene when he sold his car and moved to a different country (fahr_side).

That Romraider thread is pretty in depth for someone actually tuneing cars for a living... combine that with the limits (408 on ‘05-‘06) and the 5EAT ask your questions thread

They should have all the need to start experimenting.

• 4 months later...
Must do upgrade (the tune, at least) for every car pushing 250whp, imho. I feel much more confident of the car with the firmer and faster shifts. No real downside, except few rough shifts, from time to time, when cold.

I have been interested in having these values adjusted for some time but I use an access port. Now that I'm on Stg2 powa I feel the need to do something about the slow-shifting 5at.

I read through half of that RR page and it looks like a treasure trove but also like ancient Greek to me... With family and work commitments I don't have the spare time needed to learn ecu tuning.

There is no f1 valvebody mod available for MY07 w/VDC. Is there someone who can adjust these parameters in the AP or am I boned?

(Sorry for threadjacking)

Archived