LegacyGT.com

passenger side mirror broke. How much should that cost to replace?

plunk10

A week or so ago, a piece of tire tread from an 18 wheeler flew in the air and wiped out my passenger side mirror. :mad: The turn signal lens and mirror are shattered, and the plastic housing is cracked, while the body colored cover is gone. Although its covered under insurance, I'm wondering how much this part should cost, as well as the labor to install. If it were only $200, I'd pay for it on my own, but I want to know how much it should cost the insurance company. Hopefully they won't raise my rates because of this. :(

dealer will most likely be cheaper on that one i think. Kevin will be importing it from Japan, you will have to figure shipping and cost. I think the dealer should be able to get it cheaper to be honest. Its nothing too special either, just a mirror. Not a bad idea to check though, you never know.

"Hello, Subaru Dealer? Service, please." "Hello, service department? Yes, I'll hold." "Hello? Thish is plunk10. How much do you charge for replacing the right hand outside rear view mirror on a '05 Legacy? Right, parts and labor. Thank you."

Try [url]www.libertysubaru.com[/url] or another of the online parts vendors. This is an easy DIY install, and I believe the cover will come pre-painted (I found out that all the door mouldings, cladding, wagon spoiler, etc... are prepainted parts and would expect the same for the mirror). Lucky it didn't dent the sheetmetal -- at least this is an easy to replace part! Craig

I don't think folding mirrors would have helped, as it sounds as if he was in motion when the truck chunk took out his mirror. Though certainly, driving with them folded in would almost certainly increase the GT's drag coefficient number. :D Kevin

Archived