LegacyGT.com

Parts to keep from a 2011 STI

Ok boys, I did that crazy thing I said I was going to do in another thread and picked up this wrecked 2011 STI for parts. I got the whole thing for less than the cost of the engine so I really couldn't lose on this one. The plan is to absorb most of this into my 05 Legacy GT.

These are the parts I will be keeping:

-Full longblock with all accessories (at least until I sort out what to move over)

-6 speed transmission *this I may actually end up selling to buy a different year 6 speed swap as it seems this is not the best candidate*

-Front and back red stitch alcantara seats

-Front and rear brembo brake setup

-Steering rack

-Steering wheel and roll connector

-ECU and wiring harnesses in case I need them to make things work properly

-Console lid

Everything else I will be parting out and selling and will probably make a few thousand $$ even while keeping those parts. Can anyone think of anything else I should keep off of this car that can be made to work in the Legacy?

1.thumb.jpg.1f581c987ae5fbdd6b005499b70c49fd.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.760afac64bf7b5f622f579ef4e7cda7e.jpg

640604119_SalvageSTI8.jpg.648ea19a61b3b116cf44c41dd6c77549.jpg

I think the exhaust cans may fit with some tweaking? Looks like you already listed all the stuff I'd go for.

Is the engine dual avcs? Not sure how that would work

Yes STI catback will work, I have one on my car. Long story short, engine will work.

If your engine is original and the engine in the STi isn't f*cked then keep the engine and/or heads. STi got dual AVCS heads and would be worth machining and mating to a block for your car if you ever blow a shortblock or lose a head gasket.

If your engine is original and the engine in the STi isn't f*cked then keep the engine and/or heads. STi got dual AVCS heads and would be worth machining and mating to a block for your car if you ever blow a shortblock or lose a head gasket.

:spin: I already said in both posts I'm keeping the engine :confused:

There is no significant benefit to the 2011 steering rack. The one you want is the 2015 model for the better ratio.

I saw your video on youtube and you mentioned the hubs, the fronts will bolt in and you will have to use the STI struts, the rear is a no go, will not fit. You can adapt the brakes but not the hub.

There is no significant benefit to the 2011 steering rack. The one you want is the 2015 model for the better ratio.

I saw your video on youtube and you mentioned the hubs, the fronts will bolt in and you will have to use the STI struts, the rear is a no go, will not fit. You can adapt the brakes but not the hub.

Good info. Now that I look into it you're right. I may just keep the rack as a backup then. Yeah the 6 speed swap from this generation seems like it will be tricky. There's a good chance I might sell it and use the money to get a spec b 6 speed swap but I do know of 1 or 2 people who have this gen STI trans working in their car with the DCCD functional. Once I get everything pulled off I can decide how to start piecing it back together. Either way the beauty is pieces like that will either work or provide funding for their equivalent correct piece.

What approach are you expecting to take to fit the seats into your LGT? They are not direct bolt-in and I can tell you from experience at least with trying to fit 2005 WRX seats in an '05 OBW that you can make the driver side work with swapping the base but the passenger side won't work that way. I'm trying to find a different seat set up for my '09 OBW, and the STi red-stitched seats are the best match to my 3.0R Limited interior I've seen, but if there's no way to fit the front seats short of custom brackets or rails then I'm not going to bother. I'm interested to hear if you know something I don't about front seat swap.