LegacyGT.com

P2762 & P0700 codes, next step?

I have a 2012 Legacy (Engine type EJ253CUCFB) with 137,000 miles. While driving home from work today, theses two codes showed up. I pulled over and reset the codes and drove home without the codes coming back. A visual inspection did not show any leaks or physical damage to the undercarriage. I have not changed the CVT fluid in this car. My question is what would be a good course of action? Change the fluid or look for a shop that services CVT systems? I have recently moved so I will need to do some research for a shop. I have done a quick check and saw where the valve body is a common problem. Just looking for a little insight on what to do next. I have not had any real issues with the car and these codes have me worried. Thank you in advance.

Not sure how you should proceed but I can say that if you do replace your CVT fluid make sure you use Subaru OEM fluid and nothing more, also make sure the person doing the fluid change knows what they are doing as the front differential drain bolt and CVT drain bolt look similar and are close to each other.

So an update. I have driven the car about five times (roughly 5 miles round trip). Every time I start the car up cold after sitting all night, I get multiple codes. These codes include P0700, P2763, and P2762. Once cleared the codes go away and then will not show again until the car has sat for 5 plus hours. My question is do I have to drop the pan and remove the valve body to test for failure? I need the car on a daily basis and I would like to have the parts on hand if I need to replace the them? Just trying to get all ducks in a row if I need to do a replacement of the valve body.

• 2 weeks later...
So I have ordered the replacement valve body and associated parts and fluids for the repair. I have question for anyone who has done this replacement. Any special process to “train” or program the new valve body after installation? I have just a regular OBD-II scanner that is about 5 to 6 years old. Just looking for a little insight before I tackle this project.