LegacyGT.com

Will Outback hitch fit Legacy GT?

Well, a search was tough to find the information I wanted. Found a lot of conflicting info, and have to admit I was not SPECIFIC about my desire for a "Subaru" part number hitch.

Nonetheless, this note from Opie may help us out:

just installed the Subaru Trailer hitch fro the 2005 Outback on my wife's Legacy 2.5i Wagon without any issues. Fits perfect, is not very visable and came with everything I would need (minus a trailer ball) in one package. Took me about an hour to install.

Came with: Hitch, drawbar & lock pin, hitch cover and a plug & play wiring harness, new exhaust gaskets and all the hardware necessary.

Not trying to be an a$$. It just gets annoying having people jump on the forum and ask questions without searching. If you had stated earlier you searched but found conflicting info folks here would be more than helpful in pointing you to the right links. ;)

As you found Opie has done the factory Subaru install as well as some other folks with no problems. One of these days I'll probably do this myself too.

If you do the install yourself check out this thread for the location of the factory harness plug:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9097

Archived