LegacyGT.com

Oil leak help please!

I found a slow leak today and would like some advice. This picture shows the location of the leak.

I removed the TMIC and found this wet area. I was thinking the intake hose to the TMIC, but that has been dry since I installed the Crawford AOS.

What do you think is leaking. 60addaaea7e7ffbe522eacdf7c672a7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looks like where the TMIC-TB hose clamps onto the TB. Common source of leakage. Not sure if that's what you meant by "intake hose to the TMIC", since this one comes FROM the TMIC, but there is no hose TO the TMIC.

Once you pull the hose, it should probably be clearer.

Just looks like where the TMIC-TB hose clamps onto the TB. Common source of leakage. Not sure if that's what you meant by "intake hose to the TMIC", since this one comes FROM the TMIC, but there is no hose TO the TMIC.

Once you pull the hose, it should probably be clearer.

This is what I am hoping for!

Sorry about the newbie ask, I get a lot of it but some work needs to be done getting the terms correct.

Resolved:

The coupler hose between the throttle body and TMIC had a hole in the edge of the seal. Years of sucking oil through the intake must have been cumulative and drip by drip it built up. This did not show up in the smoke test I did a few months back.

Replaced with Perrin. The coupler hose is a little long but I made it work for now.

Archived