LegacyGT.com

Any of the OG guys still around?

cryo

I just figured I would make a post in here and see how many of the original guys from the mountain west forum still check in here.

Unfortunately its been a bit since I sold my "last" legacy and wish we could still get together with some of the new rides we may all have picked up now.

Chime in and let me know what your driving now and how things are going!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 1 month later...

yeah unfortunately searching facebook is about as useful as hitting my head against a wall till i pass out.....forums still have the info people learned a decade ago and is very searchable.....its really a bummer for sure.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Agreed, it definitely sucks. I've been a part of a number of forums that at one point were thriving. I made many good friends that have since disappeared.

I don't have, and have never had, a facebook account so when everything moved there, only the folks that cared enough to use a text message stayed in touch. Is what it is, and the folks I have left are better friends for it.

I could suck start a snow blower.

• 2 months later...

This is still my first stop when I need to research or find something (I’m here this morning to see when I did the LGT brake swap on the obxt and my posts here are faster to search than my records from years ago).

But it’s been a long time since I was an active member of these forums. And I don’t even know how many years since I last logged onto AWDPirates. I don’t have the book of faces but I do agree that it plays a huge role in the decline of forum use. That and craigslist.

I notice that gaming forums are still well trafficked and active, even as automotive forums languish. I imagine Discord is the harbinger of death for those though.

I was active on here when your tuning business was brand new cryo, and I’m glad to see you still around. Same for you Mike, I hope all is well at 5250.

Edited by Lucid

I'm still here as an original owner of an '05. Stage 2+ for years and I'm still on original turbo and engine. You guys are right, I think Facebook destroyed a lot of forums.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the crazy thing is you can still search the forums and stuff pops up....searching facebook is a total waste of time.....

I miss the old bbq's we used to have

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

Cryo, damn, but that's still awesome to know you had one, I'll have to visit your build thread. Eventually you will meet my car to tune, I hope, but unfortunately I got screwed over by a shop that installed a new clutch and within a year its started to fail, and believe me I'm easy on it. Next car funds have to go to that and a new radiator. But one day. Love the car.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Wow mountain west sub-forum is dead...  I guess I'm OG-ish.  Been a while since I'm on, took a while to recover my account.  Probably going to get ban for bumping an old thread. :D  Still have my '06 LGT in the garage.

Edited by chenc544
  • Like 1

I follow more pnw stuff since I'm in idaho, I do still know quite a few people down in Utah and some in Colorado. Can't say I've come across meeting any of you, although I had my 5thgen with orange wheels are the very first RMSF event nearly 10yrs back. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just back (with a temp account, hope to recover my original from 2006). Hadn't checked in here since 2017. Sad to see how little activity is going on. Never a FB user, no thank you.

Haven't needed much research because everything was running fine. Now the 2005 wagon is in the shop (turbo issue) and likely will be selling it and the 2006 sedan...Loved them to the very last, but time and needs and technology marches on.

I can't even find the MT Subie forum. Last I looked there, it was full of robot postings for Mumbai dancing queens.

Alright, everything is resolved and both Leggy GTs are sold. Sad days. We've owned 4 Subie wagons, starting with 1988. Got a Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid (not plug in, since we hardly have charging stations in MT). I'm into my third day just reading and using setup menus and learning about all the tech. Amazing what changed over 19 years! The Hyundai dealership ended up buying both Subies, one at a time, as we were going back and forth for their paperwork, our titles, etc. Their GM is my next door neighbor, he knew about the wagon and said he'd never even seen that we also owned the sedan. The wagon's "turbo issue" seems to have been overstated by the shop we used; and now we won't be using them any more, anyway. Strange week. Thanks to everyone here for the years of reference materials, and for the vacation pix.

• Like 1

"Said" dealer you made a trade in to? 

Always unfortunate when a shop misdiagnosis a problem and goes overboard. Guess that's where the money is made though. 

Enjoy the new sante fe! Hyundai and Kia have been making some very nice cars for the price and tech involved. I know several people who went that route over an outback who aren't as outdoorsy 

Nope, they weren't trades. I got my own full asking price sales after-the-fact of the SFe purchase. We were doing errands and each time we showed up in a Subie, they told me they wanted to make me an offer. I'd done my research anticipating putting FS listings here and other sites and regional CL, so I already had my best-and-lowest $ in my own notes. The sedan required one higher counter offer from me, but they nailed my expectation for the wagon on the first offer. I hope whoever gets the wagon gets a few more good years out of it, if not up to turbo failure, then at least to that next major service. Maybe they'll show up here, even. 

• Like 1