LegacyGT.com

Occasional error when editing posts

Sometimes when I make a post, then realize I missed something and go back to edit it, the editor opens up with a blank post. Moving to the "Advanced" edit and/or reloading the page does nothing. Incidentally, quoting my post also brings up a blank editor (instead of one with my original post quoted).

I'm guessing it's a server issue, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.

• 2 months later...

Was happening in a post I was quoting with an embedded youtube video as well.

Also, after "submitting reply" it seems to add extra carriage returns, doubling any that were already there (or any that are automatically inserted, like after a quote)

Sometimes when I make a post, then realize I missed something and go back to edit it, the editor opens up with a blank post ... Incidentally, quoting my post also brings up a blank editor (instead of one with my original post quoted).

I've experienced both of these bugs for more than a year. It seems to happen most often when I cut and paste a quote from another web source. Different character sets or coding, maybe?

... after "submitting reply" it seems to add extra carriage returns ...

For me, that started only a few months ago. Strangely enough, I can remove the extraneous CRs by re-editing the post.

Easily testable by quoting your post #2 in this thread, actually.
I was just unable to quote ehsnils (talking about pressing the "QUOTE" button ...

Yep. It looks like the accent characters (which aren't present in the ASCII character set) are the culprit(s) there.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 9 months later...

Archived