LegacyGT.com

Not able to enjoy the GT

Hi All,

I am a new member and I felt this is a good place to vent my fustration. I just leased a 2006 Legacy GT (MT) on Friday, June 16th. I put over 250 miles on Friday, without any problems. I was extremely pleased with the overall performance. Saturday morning I started up and went down route 34 in N.J. I upshifted to 3rd gear and the clutch would not come up(stuck to the floor). At first I thought the clutch was stuck under the floor mat. I pull over and and got out and reached down and lifted up the clutch. I am thinking, this is not suppose to happen. Now after pulling up the clutch I am ready to drive off again but now when I push down on the clutch the shfter is not able to engage in any gear. Long store short, my brand new '06 Legacy GT with 254 miles needs a new clutch (according to Freehold Subara). The clutch will not arrive until this Friday and probably will not be ready until this Monday. Of course, know one at Subaru has every seen anything like this. By the way, this is not my first car with manual transmittion. I had no problems shifting what so ever on Friday. A matter of fact, I got no indication on Friday that there was anything wrong with the clutch or shifter. http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Has anyone experienced anything as wierd as this or have had a problem that was an apparent anomoly to other year models?

Also, to had to my fustration, Subaru does not give out loaners. You mean I have to go to Interprise Car Rental and have Subaru reinburse me. Subaru, you've got to be kidding!!!! :icon_mad:

Thanks for reading

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Sounds like a manufacturing or assembly problem. Also it's not Subaru that gives loaners, it's the dealerships. I've always gotten a loaner from my dealership. Usually a base outback.

Thanks guys. That makes me feel a whole lot better. Monday can't get here soon enough!! Thanks for reading and responding.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

What kind of crappy dealer doesn't give a subie loaner?!?!

Especially considering this was in no way your fault. Oh well... sorry to hear about the troubles. I know how addicted I was and still am with only 1400 miles under my belt!

"Insert Signature Here"

Sorry to hear of your troubles....

Here is a little advice....SWITCH DEALERS!

A dealership not giving out loaners is a joke;)

Come to Wichita KS. There is only one dealer in town and they don't give out loaners. In fact, there is a big sign with bold letters in the service department so as to avoid any ambiguity "NO LOANERS". Going to another dealer is not an option as the nearest dealer is about an hour away.

I drive about an hour to go to mine.....I have one within 10min & another within 35min.

The small dealer thing does not work either...I go to a very small dealer.

Both of the closer dealers sell more than 1 brand & the other brands Def. take priority in their minds & actions.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Contact 1-800-Subaru3 and file a customer complaint. Customer service will likely intervene on your behalf with the dealership to get you a loaner, but re-reading this, it sounds like they are at least reimbursing you for the rental.

FWIW - I had a similar experience with my clutch and it was replaced under warranty.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hi All,

I am a new member and I felt this is a good place to vent my fustration. I just leased a 2006 Legacy GT (MT) on Friday, June 16th. I put over 250 miles on Friday, without any problems. I was extremely pleased with the overall performance. Saturday morning I started up and went down route 34 in N.J. I upshifted to 3rd gear and the clutch would not come up(stuck to the floor). At first I thought the clutch was stuck under the floor mat. I pull over and and got out and reached down and lifted up the clutch. I am thinking, this is not suppose to happen. Now after pulling up the clutch I am ready to drive off again but now when I push down on the clutch the shfter is not able to engage in any gear. Long store short, my brand new '06 Legacy GT with 254 miles needs a new clutch (according to Freehold Subara). The clutch will not arrive until this Friday and probably will not be ready until this Monday. Of course, know one at Subaru has every seen anything like this. By the way, this is not my first car with manual transmittion. I had no problems shifting what so ever on Friday. A matter of fact, I got no indication on Friday that there was anything wrong with the clutch or shifter. http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Has anyone experienced anything as wierd as this or have had a problem that was an apparent anomoly to other year models?

Also, to had to my fustration, Subaru does not give out loaners. You mean I have to go to Interprise Car Rental and have Subaru reinburse me. Subaru, you've got to be kidding!!!! :icon_mad:

Thanks for reading

It's not "common", but it's happened several times before.

When my dealership took my LGT out for it's check ride, the clutch stuck to the floor on the tech. The car was fresh off the truck. Only reason I know about it is the tech is in the local Subaru scene. He also stated another car did it shortly after purchase.

I wouldn't ever have known if he didn't tell me. The car has 16,000 miles on it.

You'll get a new clutch, and everything will be peachy.

sounds like a fluke issue + lousy customer service. don't let it turn you off to the car.

and welcome :) .

yeah from what I have read of others it's the dealer that gives out loners not SOA. So I would blame the dealer for the crappy service.

Hey all,

I really appreciate all of the feedback to my problem. After I posted this Tuesday night I had already accepted the fact that I probably would not have my new LGT no sooner then Saturday(if I'm lucky). Believe or not, I received a call on Wednesday afternoon from the dealer telling me the car was ready. The clutch came in Tuesday morning. I picked up on Wednesday night. So I was very pleased. The service wasn't bad but where I live I would probably look for a dealer that gives out loaner if I have a problem that requires keeping the car for more that a day. Hopefully, that should not be the case with Subarus. So far after three days and 300 miles, all is good in TurboLand!!

Woot! Glad to hear you're back on the road. Now break it in carefully... and only let a little of the turbo goodness out of the bottle at one time until you're fully checked out on it.:)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

yeah from what I have read of others it's the dealer that gives out loners not SOA. So I would blame the dealer for the crappy service.

+1

The dealer should be giving you a loaner or renting you a car. Youll get your clutch replaced and it will be better. You probably had one of the old batch of clutches in your car that operated weirdly and would slip and stink all over the place anyways.

Mine was replaced and the new "same" parts work much much better.

It sucks but itll work out. I havent had my car for almost 2 months because they are having to rebuild my engine due to a problematic seal at 30k kms.

Trust me when I get it back this week Im going to be a happy man.

sounds like a fluke issue + lousy customer service. don't let it turn you off to the car.

and welcome :) .

So what else is knew. If I had let it turn me off I woulda sold the car buy now. Just think about the positive things that outweight the bad.

Archived