LegacyGT.com

Newer 2010 3.6R Owner

Hi everyone!

I've been browsing this forum for a little while now, and I thought it's finally time to introduce myself.

I'm the proud owner of a 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R. I absolutely love this car, because it appears just like any other car on the road, drives very smoothly (in my opinion), but also has a fair amount of power behind it.

I've done a few modifications to it so far, all fairly simple, but I've been very happy with the results thus far, and I'll provide links and pictures where I can.

Before Purchase

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOPOiFy_b48uohw0IAP3te8Z53FvU8Zh/preview

Today

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUaLMJhKAKxl-6VXDfexUE-_k9t3wDgh/preview

Modification List;

Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake

Custom Exhaust (Done by local exhaust shop)

Blacked Out Headlights

Kenwood Touchscreen Head unit

If you guys have any suggestions for future modifications, or just advice overall, I'd be happy to hear it!

Edited by Jacob Winters

Still on stock suspension?? If so get after those sway bars ASAP.........Upgrade the front bar to a 2013 or 2014 OEM bar. They are a big improvement and can be had at your local dealer for about $100

For the rear get a current OEM STi 20mm bar or a Whiteline 22mm bar....you will thank me later.

If your shocks are the originals...Replace them with, at least, OEM 2013 or later shocks and struts.....coil overs or better shocks will be even better.

Welcome to the forum...if you can get the $$$$ together go for wider wheels and tires....; I run 18 x 8 OZ Racing Crono rims with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires..... HUGE improvement over stock. :)

PS.... I run an STi front strut bar on mine....looks nice when you open the hood but doesn't really do anything for the handling...the front structure on our cars is plenty rigid enough unless you are building a serious race car out of it.

Edited by Scooby Fan

Hello and welcome to the community. I hope you are enjoying your 3.6R. I had mine for about six years now and still absolutely love the car. Mine is sitting at 200,000 miles. :lol:

Depending on your millage, replace your spark plugs for good measure and just keep up with routine engine oil, trans fluid, and diff oil maintenance.

After that, you should check out Xtreme Racing Tuning as they tune the 3.6R and also have a 5EAT tune available.

• 2 weeks later...
Still on stock suspension?? If so get after those sway bars ASAP.........Upgrade the front bar to a 2013 or 2014 OEM bar. They are a big improvement and can be had at your local dealer for about $100

Hello. I was not aware that the front OEM swaybar of the 13-14 model is any different. Is it thicker that the 10-12 model one?

Front Swaybar:

Has been increased to 26mm, was 23mm (legacy) and 24mm (outback)

The change was between 2012 and 2013

Rear sway bar is 16mm stock and the STi stock bar (That fits right on) is 20mm

The popular Whiteline bar is 22mm and is adjustable.

BTW...we have a 2012 Legacy 2.5i and my 2013 Legacy 3.6R.......the 2012 is running stock front bar and an older 19mm STi bar on the back....Major improvement ;)

My 2013 3.6R is running the stock 26mm front bar with an STi 20mm rear bar....huge improvement over stock!!

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2013-my-list-suspension-changes-191714.html?t=191714&highlight=Rear+sway+bar

Edited by Scooby Fan