LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

came across this in the outback forums for all of those interested. this is my Christmas present to you all!!!!!

11/21/2016 - New update for the 2015-2016 Legacy & Outback models with “Gen 2” Fujitsu-TEN (F10) Navigation and 7” Display Audio Units

The latest software updates contain new logic to address the following concerns:

Mirrorlink 1.1 updates

Enable Mute function for Navigation guidance

Incomplete display of intersection names in combination meter

Increased accuracy of the XM Traffic information displayed

Intermittent delay (approximately 1 minute) in display of map information after initial start-up of Navigation function (2015MY Legacy and Outback only).

Other Symptoms addressed:

Symptom 1:

Audio output is lost after a few minutes when listening to Sirius/XM satellite radio.

Change:

Logic update to provide proper Sirius/XM satellite radio operation.

Symptom 2:

Bluetooth feature becomes inoperative.

Change:

Logic update to provide proper Bluetooth feature operation.

Symptom 3:

HD Radio “freezes” after a few minutes of play.

Change:

Logic update to provide proper Sirius/XM satellite radio operation.

Symptom 4:

Back-Up Camera “help lines” do not appear.

Change:

Logic change to have the assist lines appear 8 seconds from engine start.

Symptom 5:

Map location is inconsistent between Navigation display and iPhone when using

the iPhone’s Google Maps with the phone connected to the USB port in console.

Change:

Logic update to show correct vehicle location on iPhone.

Symptom 6:

Roads or interchanges have the same name displayed multiple times.

Change:

Logic update to show only one road or interchange name at the same time.

Symptom 7:

Navigation function is slow to start when selected.

Change:

Logic change to eliminate Navigation system slow-starting condition.

Symptom 8:

No map display with key or ignition in “ACC” (accessory) position.

Change:

Logic change to allow Navigation system operation in accessory ACC mode.

Symptom 9:

No voice guidance provided from Navigation system after selecting a route unless

the ignition is cycled off and back on again.

Change:

Logic change to stop voice guidance “Mute” function from defaulting to “ON”.

Symptom 10:

Steering wheel switch controls inoperative with iPod (MP3) player

connected to the USB.

Change:

Logic change to allow proper steering wheel (satellite) switch functionality.

Symptom 11: Incorrect Umlaut characters are shown on StarLink display.

Change:

Logic change to allow proper display of Umlaut letters.

Symptom 12:

No response from the soft touch keys on display.

Change:

Logic change to improve communication between display and internal CPU.

Symptom 13:

Back-Up Camera is displayed with shifter in positions other than Reverse.

Change:

Logic change to allow display with shifter in Reverse only.

Symptom 14:

“Line Diag screen is intermittently displayed while driving.

Change: Logic change to prevent display of the “Line Diag” screen.

Symptom 15:

“LIST” soft touch key is not displayed on Bluetooth Audio screen while using Bluetooth audio feature with an Apple device utilizing iOS8 software version.

Change:

Logic change to enhance compatibility with iOS8 software.

Symptom 16:

“Beep” sound heard when touching the bottom of the display screen where no function soft touch keys are displayed.

Change:

Logic change to eliminate beeping sound from inactive soft touch key screen areas.

Symptom 17:

Sirius/XM caution message screen is displayed in English even when French language operation settings are selected.

Change:

Logic change to make all messages display in the selected operating language.

Symptoms 18-22:

The following symptoms are all related to the inability of the software to properly load. One or all of these 5 conditions may occur at the same time.

Change:

Logic updates included where applicable to address each of the following conditions:

Repeated display of the “Loading” screen at initial unit start-up

Bluetooth device pairing failure

Inoperative steering wheel (satellite) switches

Voice recognition feature inoperative

Sirius/XM radio feature inoperative.

Other Symptom and updates included:

Logic change to provide a “_” (underscore) character on the keyboard.

Logic change to match engine oil maintenance remaining mileage on the maintenance reminder screen to the odometer meter value on the combination meter when mileage unit is set to read in “KM” (kilometers).

Logic change to insure the Vehicle Mode indicator on the Vehicle Monitor screen matches the actual vehicle status. Example: The wheel indicators on the vehicle monitor screen no longer stay illuminated indicating VDC is “active” after VDC activation is complete.

Logic change to address improper calculation used by the head unit to determine Average Lifetime Fuel Consumption displayed on the ECO monitor.

Logic change to address Voice Recognition error when user says “Radio” or “Music”.

Logic change to address the radio (audio) not resuming play automatically after ending a Bluetooth call.

Logic change to address FM radio station presets resetting to 87.5MHz intermittently when cycling the ignition OFF to ON.

Logic change to address AM radio station presets resetting to 513KHz intermittently and possible switch from AM to FM if a 513KHz preset is selected.

Update is available through your dealer and takes up to an hour to complete, dealer can refer to TSB# 15-205-16

... I assume this update also applies to us cheapskate s without the nav package?

Yes. There are separate update files for NAV and non-NAV head units.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Replied to the other thread. Dealer said TSB 15-205-16 Not Applicable to my 2015 3.6R. Was looking forward to MirrorLink 1.1, and not constantly seeing the "Loading" message (and accurate Average Lifetime Fuel ... which has been discussed before, hehe)

Replied to the other thread. Dealer said TSB 15-205-16 Not Applicable to my 2015 3.6R. Was looking forward to MirrorLink 1.1, and not constantly seeing the "Loading" message (and accurate Average Lifetime Fuel ... which has been discussed before, hehe)

Why is your model not applicable? Your 2015 has the same headunit as mine. Same year just 2.5i

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

i think your dealer is wrong. check with soa. I'm sure its available.

Enjoy the elevator music:p

EDIT:

Multiple people have noted that the second update goes quite quickly. If it does, check the DB version under the Unit Version Information screen, it's the last thing on the list so scroll all the way down. If the number listed is not NU9017, run the second update again.

Symptoms involved with an unsuccessful installation of part 2 include instrument cluster compass and nav directions not working, as well as the inability to access vehicle customization options from the head unit.

Edited by andrew_l_s

Thanks Andrew! I see there are 2 different sets of files to download for the 2015. I have a limited with Navigation. Should I assume the files with 'Navigation' in the file name are correct?

Additionally, does it matter which USB port you use on the car?

Few things I noticed after update:

I can not access the vehicle customization settings. when I go into customization menu the screen hangs at "Loading vehicle customization settings. Please wait..." Message for a minute then it automatically jumps back to the general settings menu.

And the Mirrorlink is still greyed out with my Note 5

And can someone who did the update confirm that under software version check, if you scroll down to the bottom, the DB stays NU9007 when other are all updated to NU9017

-------------Update---------------

Im writing updates as my experiece may come in useful for others whos planning to do the update.

Fisrt of all my problem was because the second update did not applied correctly for some reason. I went to the origial thread @ outback forum and found out multiple people expreicend that the second update was a lot quicker than the fisrt update which was exactly what I experienced and those people experienced various problems after the update. And Ive also found out that in the TSB instruction manual, they say 4GB or smaller USB is required for the update and it should not be bigger than 4GB. Someone at the forum confirmed that he did the update with 8GB USB and everything was fine but I just got myself 4GB USB to be sure this time. So I did the second update again and it indeed took much more time for the system to finish it this time and then everything worked fine. Also, the DB version was updated to NU9017 after the second successful update.

----------Update #2------------

So I've tried Mirrorlink and the mirrorlink indeed does work after the Headunit update. BUT, I don't see how it can actaully be useful for anything now that I've seen how it works. It does not reflect the screen of the phone directly. It needs to be ran by an app that is mirrorlink compatible and there are only handful mirrorlink apps that are free.

Even the navigation, because I was really hoping that I could just mirror google map on to my headunit but it seems there is no app that can mirror google map atm. There is an app called sygic navigaion that runs off of mirrorlink but it's not a google map, and it's not free either

Edited by Woony1990

There's an app called button Savior that will make mirroring seamless. I seen some videos previously and here's one of the most recent videos to prove it only 4 days old

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ok so I tried button savior, but as soon as I hit the multitasking shortcut on the headunit the screen goes MirrorLink™ is now in operation and then nothing shows up unlike the video you showed me where they still see the cell phone screen reflected and can select other apps from there

Ok so I tried button savior, but as soon as I hit the multitasking shortcut on the headunit the screen goes MirrorLink™ is now in operation and then nothing shows up unlike the video you showed me where they still see the cell phone screen reflected and can select other apps from there

There's a process to get it working. I will look deeper into it. I believe you need button Savior with root and install and additional application apk. So like NavySubsSS said it may not be worth the extra efforts for some or many [emoji57]

There's a process to get it working. I will look deeper into it. I believe you need button Savior with root and install and additional application apk. So like NavySubsSS said it may not be worth the extra efforts for some or many [emoji57]

Can you please let us know how to get it working. I tried it and get the "Mirror link now in operation".

I un installed the Button Saviour app and now have a strange problem with Google Maps, the voice will not go over BT unless I initiate a Mirror Link connection.

Thanks Andrew! I see there are 2 different sets of files to download for the 2015. I have a limited with Navigation. Should I assume the files with 'Navigation' in the file name are correct?

Additionally, does it matter which USB port you use on the car?

Correct, nav for nav cars, the display audio for non-nav cars. I used the top port but it shouldn't matter.

Where does one obtain the software updates?

There's a link in the youtube video description but here it is:

https://content.subarunet.com/snet/business/service/forms/audio_downloads.htm

Few things I noticed after update:

I can not access the vehicle customization settings. when I go into customization menu the screen hangs at "Loading vehicle customization settings. Please wait..." Message for a minute then it automatically jumps back to the general settings menu.

And the Mirrorlink is still greyed out with my Note 5

And can someone who did the update confirm that under software version check, if you scroll down to the bottom, the DB stays NU9007 when other are all updated to NU9017

-------------Update---------------

Im writing updates as my experiece may come in useful for others whos planning to do the update.

Fisrt of all my problem was because the second update did not applied correctly for some reason. I went to the origial thread @ outback forum and found out multiple people expreicend that the second update was a lot quicker than the fisrt update which was exactly what I experienced and those people experienced various problems after the update. And Ive also found out that in the TSB instruction manual, they say 4GB or smaller USB is required for the update and it should not be bigger than 4GB. Someone at the forum confirmed that he did the update with 8GB USB and everything was fine but I just got myself 4GB USB to be sure this time. So I did the second update again and it indeed took much more time for the system to finish it this time and then everything worked fine. Also, the DB version was updated to NU9017 after the second successful update.

I realized today while out driving that I wasn't getting nav prompts on the instrument cluster. The second update went quite quickly but I didn't think anything of it at the time. Sure enough like you mentioned my DB version didn't match the others.

I'm currently reloading it and it's taking significantly longer which leads me to believe it will be successful this time. I'll report back when it finishes.

--------Update--------

Ok part 2 redo just finished, after restarting the car it gave me the "Updating software" screen rather than going straight to the Starlink logo and loading up.

Instrument cluster compass and upcoming turn info works, vehicle customization works, and the DB version matches the others.

Edited by andrew_l_s

I realized today while out driving that I wasn't getting nav prompts on the instrument cluster. The second update went quite quickly but I didn't think anything of it at the time. Sure enough like you mentioned my DB version didn't match the others.

I'm currently reloading it and it's taking significantly longer which leads me to believe it will be successful this time. I'll report back when it finishes.

--------Update--------

Ok part 2 redo just finished, after restarting the car it gave me the "Updating software" screen rather than going straight to the Starlink logo and loading up.

Instrument cluster compass and upcoming turn info works, vehicle customization works, and the DB version matches the others.

Had the same issue after the dealer installed the update.

They re-loaded and all is fine now.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Thanks for this! The second update failed on me the first time. Just redid it and it is working well. I used a 8GB flash drive. I am so happy that I can now have my iPhone connected to the USB and the phone's GPS is not turned off anymore. I can now use Waze while charging in again.

Also thankful that I did not have to visit the useless dealership for this update.

:thumbsup:

---