LegacyGT.com

The Mythical 2005 OP Connector System

MikeCA1974

So I studied the wiring diagrams and spent hours under my dash searching. I eventually took the whole d*mn thing apart (Fun! See pix) and I just can't find it. Can some explain to me exactly where the OP Connector is and what it attaches to?

Thanks!

http://66.116.225.138/images/Car/Subaru%20Dash%201.jpg

http://66.116.225.138/images/Car/Subaru%20Dash%202.jpg

PS - Yes this car is a 2005, so it should have the connector.

an aftermarket.. "system" ? the acc and battery make it sound like a stereo, but the speed sensor and reverse sensor make it sound like GPS.. what are you trying to do? :confused:

So the 07 radio fits right in eh? I was curious about that but never cared enough to try it since I have the jazzy mod and an ipod. (hey that rhymes. :p )

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

There are 3 screws that hold the gauge cluster in. 1 on the top and 2 on the bottom. The factory manual says you can unscrew the bottom ones with the steering column at it's lowest level. I can't see how you can get to them with the steering colum in.

There are two bolts that secure the steering column to the dash. Just unscrew them and the column comes down (just don't let it land on your face like I did).

Darkfox, yea, I just flipped the photo the wrong way when I edited it.

Yea, I'm trying to install a nav system. The OP Connection in the 05's is supposed to have everything you need. After hours & hours of searching, I just can't find it.

2 things.. 1. I thought the gps systems on all 06+ usdm legacies had its gps module under the passenger seat? If so isnt it possible this connector is there? and 2. I thought it had already been established from other users here that the 05 had a different harness usdm than the jdm models with navigation and therefore did not have this connector at all?
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

LOL! Thanks Rich. The golve box is the only thing I didn't take appart! I finally gave up and grabbed all the inputs from their indivudal sources (ignition for power, speed pulse & backup signal from the pass kick panel, etc.).

All the nav functions are working. Now, time to figure out the audio!

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing how Subaru designed the OP connector system so that someone could plug into it and get everything they need for navi systems, etc.. I wonder if Subaru themselves can provide the connector? :iam:

there is a wiring harness with connector available for the OP connector. part number H0077AG000.

i am trying to find it in my 07 but i think the search may be hopeless, since it is not in the 2007 service manual. i guess they decided to not offer it after 06.

there is a wiring harness with connector available for the OP connector. part number H0077AG000.

i am trying to find it in my 07 but i think the search may be hopeless, since it is not in the 2007 service manual. i guess they decided to not offer it after 06.

Great find! Do you read Japanese? Here's a machine translated page from a Japanese site. It seems that the OP connector is taped to the back of the interior fuse box.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&u=http%3A//tara555.hp.infoseek.co.jp/norenwake%2520harness.html

;2037820']No' date=' they have the fuse box on the DRIVER's side. Interior bulkhead wiring is a mirror image. US wiring diagrams show the OP connector is close to the fuse box.[/quote']

Driver's side is right side on RHD cars, last I checked.

• 1 year later...

EyeFlyIsTheEye posted this picture of his 2005 LGT's OP Connector harness in another thread:

Anyways, I found the B228 connector, it's about two inches to the right of the [interior] fuse-box and about four inches long when taken off of the tape used so it doesn't rattle:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3505/img0770l.th.jpg

SpudGT took this excellent picture:

167174928_B228OPConnector2005Outback.jpg.3a62bdfa038a6ad88a8ba1ec1885be4a.jpg

Several more here.

Catbeater found his higher up in his 2005 LGT:

Yeah I found it. I basically had to take apart everything that was in the way of me completely crawling up into the area above the pedals. It was shoved WAAAAAAAY the hell up there. No way I would have found it without completely disassembling it.

Here's the pin-out (from 2005 wiring diagrams):

2005s definitely have it. jton said his 2006 had it. Not sure about later years. 2009s have a VSS signal going into the harman/kardon amp.

If your car does have it, you might want to try finding this harness from Subaru, H0077AG000, which will plug into "B228".

Here's a larger picture of the "ELECTRIC DIVIDE HARNESS" (JapanParts' product page, Japanparts No: 107-123-013):

1617973589_H0077AG000wiringdiagram.jpg.859e750c3dc5f3dce6534e3176f46c1f.jpg

Location pictures from the product page (note these are on a RHD car; LHD cars are mirrored):

1676300964_H0077AG000carpictures.jpg.3ed6a5853458f49e7307cbf67fd0d5e4.jpg

Additional pictures are on the Japanese page that Jon linked to above [link now dead. Did anyone grab those pics?].

Some Imprezas have it too (possibly only JDMs). More pictures here in this thread on iwsti.com:

383322026_JapanPartsseparatingharness.jpg.0a99d87a6065490e363862e5103b04c5.jpg

732112365_SubaruH0077AG000NORENWAKEHARNESS.jpg.5a731ff5211927ff10f96188b63e9050.jpg

My 08 GT did not have this connector - I think that was verified somewhere else on the forums but it might be good info to have here as well.

Those of us with an 08 will need to hit these wires in the passenger side foot well, behind the glove box, coming off an ABS control unit. Its a huge pain in the ass to get to and once I was there, there were no clear indications of what connector or wire corresponded to what function. At one point, the forums had some pictures specifying the location, the exact connector, and the exact wires for 08's but the links are long since dead and I can't find them anywhere else. I'd be happy to host them until time stops, if someone has them.

Archived