LegacyGT.com

My back seat squeak!

alaskajoel

About 500 miles ago i started hearing this awful screech every time i went over a speed bump, or even when giving it some gas in 1st gear. Sounds similar to the sound struts make when they start giving out on you....but i rocked the back of the car without hearing anything. Then just the other day, I was sitting in the back seat of the leggy to do some audio stuff, and the noise comes back as soon as i rest my back on the rear seat cushion. So i started playing with it and sure enough - that god awful noise came from the back seat. Has anyone else had this and FIXED IT THEMSELVES?

It seems like the little information i could find here about this problem led people to just go to the dealership to get it fixed....i hate dealerships. (and spending money) Is there any way to take the back seat apart (2005 LGT) and give it some grease, or something??

Are you sure it is not the sway bar bushings. When I lived in Colorado my bushings would dry out and start to squeak real bad. REAL LOUD. Partly because I would wash the bottom of the car and I was constantly driving in bad weather. Heard it mostly over large bumps like speed bumps.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

Are you sure it is not the sway bar bushings. When I lived in Colorado my bushings would dry out and start to squeak real bad. REAL LOUD. Partly because I would wash the bottom of the car and I was constantly driving in bad weather. Heard it mostly over large bumps like speed bumps.

So did you just use some type of lithium grease to lube 'em back up? I've thought that may have been the problem, but i know for certain that my seat is squeaking....i'm going to try loading my backseat up with other people so see if it stops the rattle.

Archived