LegacyGT.com

How much noiser is a GT wagon with sunroof vs. without?

After driving the GT sedan last week, I got to drive a GT wagon (Limited model) this weekend with my wife and three kids. Man, there is a lot of wind noise from the sunroof area (even with everything closed) at speed, I thought. Then I realized that the dealer had horizontal roof bars mounted. Unfortunately, they didn't have another manual trans GT Limited on the lot. I hate wind noise. Is the GT wagon Limited noisy due to that monstrous sunroof and various seals, etc.? Thanks, John

With my GT Limited wagon and no roof bars there is minimal wind noise with the sunroof closed (road noise is more noticeable). Even with sunroof open the car is relatively quiet. By the by, our other car is a 2001 Toyota Sienna van with a sunroof, and the Subaru is quieter both with sonroof closed and open.

Was the inside slide over the sunroof closed as well? Owning previous cars with sunroofs both glass and metal, I have noticed when you close the slide over u cant hear anything, might be something worth noting on yr next drive.

Archived