LegacyGT.com

Mid pipe swap 2015 legacy 2.5i

Hi all, so I recently traded my 2010 Subaru forester in for a 2015 legacy and my forester had a Invidia N1 exhaust with down pipe. Now I know the down pipe won't fit of course, but I'm seeing lots of guys switching from a single exhaust on this year legacy, which mine is the 2.5i. So, before I go selling the whole thing I wanted to see if by chance anybody knew if the mid pipe at least might possibly fit so I have the Y portion to go with duals? I found the mid pipe part from Subaru parts for the 3.6 and it cost like $177 and another $56 to ship to me, but it has a resonator and would kind like to eliminate that possibly. I know the mid pipe from the Invidia exhaust doesn't have it or has a small high flow one or something there so it looks.

My setup on mine is I kept my 2.5 mid pipe and had cut at the end and had wrx stock axle back mufflers to it.

Even if you gett the midpipe from 3.6R you still need to cut the front flange and adjust to match the down pipe flange

You can use either wrx or STi midpipe but you will have to add atleast 5-6” pipe to it.

BTW. First I tried wrx midpipe which doesn’t have reso with wrx oem mufflers IT IS FREAKING LOUD!!!and drone is unbearable.

My setup on mine is I kept my 2.5 mid pipe and had cut at the end and had wrx stock axle back mufflers to it.

Even if you gett the midpipe from 3.6R you still need to cut the front flange and adjust to match the down pipe flange

You can use either wrx or STi midpipe but you will have to add atleast 5-6” pipe to it.

BTW. First I tried wrx midpipe which doesn’t have reso with wrx oem mufflers IT IS FREAKING LOUD!!!and drone is unbearable.

Probably gonna check with a local garage that deals with Subaru mods and stuff to see if that Invidia mid pipe from my forester could possibly be used before I go and try to sell it. Yeah, I don't want something that is really loud and annoying. I was thinking of getting the Nameless setup for the 3.6, just not sure about the muffler delete or with the mufflers.

Guess I should ask the question also if having my exhaust changed to a dual by fabrication will void my bumper to bumper warranty? I really want to get it changed to a dual using the Nameless exhaust for the 3.6, but don't wanna void warranty as I said. I guess in worst case scenario I would just have to go with the single exhaust axle back from Nameless.

Wrx midpipe will fit but needs to be extended around 5 3/4" if I recall the measurement correctly. I had a 2015 wrx muffler on my 2.5 on the stock legacy midpipe but removed it because it droned at about 2500 rpm.. it has a nice rumble at idle but was annoyingly loud while driving.

Archived