LegacyGT.com

Low fuel pressure

Ok so I headed to work and my 05 Mt lgt well she felt funny. I got the 3 miles out to the main highway and as I pulled from the stop she bucked, jumped and fell on her face and stalled at stops. I immediately went home where I drifted with eng off for a mile. Restarted and ran fine for the 1/8 mile back to the drive. Took 92 Samurai to work.

Rained for a week and the 56 bug is in surgery in the garage so I was tortured in the Sammy.

Put the MAF from wife's na 05 legacy. No change except bucking and stalling gone.pn is the same btw

Took her out and she ran fine for 1/2 mile but afr was 15.5 cruising and 10.5 to 11.5 in hard boost so no driving. Checked fuel pressure. 43.5 at idle with vacuum unplugged from fuel pressure regulator. Ok. Taped to windshield and hit the road. Pressure was 36ish and went up with throttle.afrs normal. On road test she dropped to under 30 psi.

Got home unplugged vacuum and only got 38. Never have seen more than that since.

Installed DW65. Didn't run because idiot who installed it (me) left the spacer on the OE pump.

Frustrated and wanting my AC back I ordered a new pump module from my dealer. Installed it with new gasket ant retainer plate because mine was rusty and not flat.

No help still 38psi with vacuum line off 30 with it on. Lost, dazed and confused I replaced the fuel pressure regulator with the whole regulator module from dealer. No help.

So this weekend my plan is to retest with a different fp gauge, if the same I will redo engine grounds, fuel pump wiring with DW relay / 12 gauge wiring kit and then if that doesn't fix her I'll put the DW65 in the new module with the spacer this time. If all that doesn't fix her perhaps I'll make a mautauf cocktail out of her.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

No logging yet because fp is low.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe this was in the wrong forum. For you who find this after rewiring and regrounding engine grounds I was at a loss. 2 professional gauges gave a low reading. At a loss I decided to figure a way to check my gauge. So simple as the kit had a Schrader valve fitting to fit a tire. Pumped tire to 42 then installed the gauge and it was 37. Gauge wrong the whole time.

These were both what I thought were quality fuel pressure gauges. While not snap on or blue point mine was bought off the snap on truck. Star products. I will calibrate it before I use it again.75ff1bfbe38c45d62686ae997599f3dc.jpg9eb63948849acc2c670a7d932b6a0013.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived