LegacyGT.com

Looking for ride-alongs to help decide on a suspension setup

Pleides

Hey all, I'm located in Wilsonville, OR (I also frequent SW Portland) and have limited life left in the KYBs on my 2005 GT wagon. I haven't gotten to ride in many lowered cars in my time and haven't experienced much in the way of suspension in the 4th gen LGT. I'm wondering if anybody in my area has a Legacy that's lowered (any amount of drop, any suspension) that could take me around the block.

I'm currently looking at an H&R spring combo with Koni sport shocks. If you have that exact setup then I'd be especially interested, but any other non-stock setup would be welcome as well.

Thanks!

I’d take you for a spin in the track car but with KW coilovers on Swift 10k springs you’d hate it for the street. Plus, since the pass airbag hasn’t been replaced yet, if we hit something, it’ll blow your head apart :)

I’d take you for a spin in the track car but with KW coilovers on Swift 10k springs you’d hate it for the street. Plus, since the pass airbag hasn’t been replaced yet, if we hit something, it’ll blow your head apart :)

You’d just hear “pssh” if my head blew apart :lol:

I was thinking about KWs but they’re super expensive and I don’t know if I’d get my money’s worth with free rebuilds. Not planning on tracking the car so maybe not the best choice for me. Thanks for the reply though!

I wouldn't run the KW's on the street either so you're making a good choice. For me a good spring strut combo is 8/10th's of what the coil over set up is capable of on the street without all the maintenance hassle. I ran the Legacy Rev. A JDM Bilstein set up with Whiteline Control Series springs (fairly conservative 30MM drop) for many years on my '05 while I was combo daily driving and tracking it. It was more than capable on track and I wouldn't call it harsh by any nature on the street here in the PNW.