LegacyGT.com

how long do Kartboy short throw shifter bushings last?

ashwinearl

I put a Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings on about 4 years ago. It was notchier than stock but reasonably easy to get into gears.

My shifting is starting to get more notchier and more difficult to get into gear. Is this an indication of the bushings wearing out, or potentially something else?

thanks.

If your bushings were going bad, I would imagine your shifting to be sloppier. Like whitetiger said, if you haven't changed your trans oil in awhile I would do that first. Changing mine out improved the shifting feel by quite a bit

If your bushings were going bad, I would imagine your shifting to be sloppier. Like whitetiger said, if you haven't changed your trans oil in awhile I would do that first. Changing mine out improved the shifting feel by quite a bit

What is the typical mileage interval that you change trans oil? Right now I have 27K on it.

What is the typical mileage interval that you change trans oil? Right now I have 27K on it.

If I remember correctly, the FSM recommends every 30k but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Change the trans fluid and front/rear diff every 30k. Yes that is the joint that most likely is the culprit. The oem is easier to install than the aftermarket "upgrade". The aftermarket has a harder bushing that is about 1/8"wider than OEM. So u get to open up the clevis on the link arm in car.

Archived