LegacyGT.com

Logs, Logs I have Logs.....

TPLGT

It's Looooggg it's Loooooggg it's big it's heavy it's wood. It's Looooggg, it's Looooogggg it's better than bad it's good....

Awww Renn and Stimpy.....

Anyway, I FINALLY was able to log after a month of back and forth from cables to ECUFlash to Easy ECU to Enginuity....tonight I got myself squared away...

Many thanks to the following for moral support and talking my off of the ledge a few times:

Jim_KT, Quiksilver, Subietronic, Infamous1, Integroid...and more...

I retuned the VAG COM cable that has worked for so many and broke down and bot the Tactrix cable...

I plugged the Tactris cable in, downloaded the drivers and BAM! Everything worked as good as gold!

I was having some serious connectivity issues with the VAG COM cable and could not connect at all using my AP V2 Dongle and hacked Ez ECU program.

I ahve sent off the logs to my tuner and now am waiting for my new, updated Stage2 map. I am currently running the OTS Cobb map and I think it is the balls so I suspect my new map will rock!

Anyway, thanks guys...I appreciate all of the help and support!

Rehab is for quitters.

Awwwwwwwww man, I was hoping to see some data logs!

I am certainly happy to read that your data logging issues have been resolved. My sincerest apologies for leading you down the VAG-COM path. It worked for me as well as others!

No appologies needed, Brother!

Everything is good! I need to figure out how to change the format from a CSV to a PDF. the map I am running to log was/is kinda of a 'dummy' map from my Tuner. He sent it to me when I was having some issues w/ the way that the car was running. I guess he plans on updating that map...so I guess the Logs woudn't look that stellar....

When I go to change the Excell file to a PDF, there is no option to save it as a PDF...how do I change it? if I can do this, I will post the logs...

Rehab is for quitters.

When I go to change the Excell file to a PDF, there is no option to save it as a PDF...how do I change it? if I can do this, I will post the logs...

Do you actually want to make a *.pdf? If not, just rename the *.xls or *.csv extention to *.pdf and post them up.

I was able to save them but LGT.com said they were still invalid files to attach.

Don't try to do this in Excel. You're not trying to make your CSV into a true PDF, just change the filename from YOURLOG.CSV to YOURLOG.PDF.

Windows makes this a pain in the end, but here's how to do it. Open an Explorer Window by right clicking the Start button and selecting Explore. Next, in the Explorer, click 'Tools -> Folder Options'. In the 'Folder Options' menu click 'View', then scroll through the 'Advanced Settings' frame until you find 'Hide extensions for known file types'. Make sure there is no X in the 'Hide extensions for known file types' box. After that you can navigate to your log file, and the CSV extension will show up. Click on it to highlight, then wait a second and click again (i.e. don't double click). Then just change .CSV to .PDF. So easy. :)

Of course, since it's not actually a PDF, it won't open in Acrobat. When someone downloads the file, they have to change it back to .CSV to view it.

????

I am able to change the file to a .pdf extension but when I try to attach it to the LGT thread it says invalid file....I have no problem finding it...

Rehab is for quitters.

????

I am able to change the file to a .pdf extension but when I try to attach it to the LGT thread it says invalid file....I have no problem finding it...

Well, I just did this one... If you can't see the .csv extension in the explore window, and you just punch .pdf on the end of the file name, the file name ends up being 'whatever.pdf.csv'. So it's still a csv, and it won't let you upload it.

Try this. After you rename it in the way you have renamed it, double click on it. If Excel tries to open it, the rename didn't work right. Acrobat should try to open it, as it's a PDF extension, but should fail, since it's not really a PDF.

1st drive.pdf

Archived