LegacyGT.com

Lgt wheels with spacers

So I'm too broke to afford wheels but I want something more open than the stock obxt wheels. I have a set of lgt wheels I got really cheap so I was thinking of plastidipping them black and using those but running spacers to help push them back out.

This is purely an aesthetic thing. I just want more flush, more black, more open wheels so you can see my shiny new brake calipers lol. Any issues or idea of how big of spacers or how big is too big?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty much all the same. Outback just sits higher and has less tire clearance due to how the fender arches attach. I think I read / saw you want at least 6 or 7 full turns on the lug nuts. So simple spacers that's only like 5mm.

If you get bolt on or longer studs you can of course run more spacers. I think I have seen 20mm or 25mm on outbacks with legacy wheels and it looks good. If you are lowered expect rubbing. If not should be fine.

Not lowered so not worried about that. Was probably going to get some of the spacers that have studs in them? That seems the way to do it.

Might be over thinking the scrub radius thing. Just been reading a lot about suspension parts. I'll be going low and new wheels eventually and I'll be getting rid of the spacers then.

I haven't given it much research (scrub radius). But, there have been a number of tracked outbacks on here (2 that I can recall) that ran STI wheels. Only way to do that is with a 20mm or 25mm bolt on spacer that changes the bolt spacing.

They were fine. Potentially you will wear out a wheel bearing faster. But, sort of regardless what you do, at this point a wheel bearing will got at some point soon.

I guess that's the joy of this platform. Parts are more expensive and wear with more power.

That's not too bad though as long as I get some distance out of them. They aren't too bad to change since they come in the housing. Unlike needing a press or anything.