LegacyGT.com

Level 10 vs IPT 5EAT transmission upgrade?

JohariAhmad

Which one of complete set 5EAT transmission upgrade shall I choose between:

A) IPT 5EAT Upgraded Performance Transmission

B) Level 10 Bullet Proof Transmission (built from scratch)

My plan for a daily driven stage 2 fully built long block EJ25 on 5th Gen Legacy BM9

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

b33452a0a69dfe8edfcce687559950fc.jpg

Edited by JohariAhmad

My plan for a daily driven stage 2 fully built long block EJ25 on 5th Gen Legacy BM9

Have you contacted either of them? You might better do that before sending any money. You will probably need them to source a 5th gen 5eat with the mounting bosses on the bellhousing. The older style 5eats wont work without custom mounts. Same problem we have with swapping in an sti 6mt.

Have you contacted either of them? You might better do that before sending any money. You will probably need them to source a 5th gen 5eat with the mounting bosses on the bellhousing. The older style 5eats wont work without custom mounts. Same problem we have with swapping in an sti 6mt.
Are u saying that. What advertise on their site is not 5EAT for 5th gen Legacy GT. Ok then will contact them ask for it before anything else. Thanks

Are u saying that. What advertise on their site is not 5EAT for 5th gen Legacy GT. Ok then will contact them ask for it before anything else. Thanks

I wouldn't assume it was. Here in the pics you can see the mounting bosses on the first pic for the 5th gen legacy the second is the 4th gen. They do not interchange.cba86bf50d259aa3f126963cb1192107.jpg2cd9e8fc3af125890207722ab5618423.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

HexMods used to make upgraded valve bodies for our 5th gen 5EAT years ago. I contacted them the other week and seems like they're not in business anymore or are too busy to reply.

Are there other shops that provider upgraded valve bodies for our 5th gen Legacies?

HexMods used to make upgraded valve bodies for our 5th gen 5EAT years ago. I contacted them the other week and seems like they're not in business anymore or are too busy to reply.

Are there other shops that provider upgraded valve bodies for our 5th gen Legacies?

Hexmods doesn't really do this stuff anymore. However he created a fantastic How to thread of taking a transgo shift kit and doing the work yourself. If you are mecahnically inclined and can follow directions, you should be able to do this work. I would read through his how to thread completely before ordering anything to see if it's something you could handle.

First link give you the overview and how this only applies to the 05-07 years.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/valve-body-mods-giant-leaps-forward-160101.html

I've used this walkthrough 4 different times and it's worked perfectly.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-transgo-5eat-hd2-shift-kit-detailed-walkthrough-179771.html

Hexmods doesn't really do this stuff anymore. However he created a fantastic How to thread of taking a transgo shift kit and doing the work yourself. If you are mecahnically inclined and can follow directions, you should be able to do this work. I would read through his how to thread completely before ordering anything to see if it's something you could handle.

First link give you the overview and how this only applies to the 05-07 years.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/valve-body-mods-giant-leaps-forward-160101.html

I've used this walkthrough 4 different times and it's worked perfectly.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-transgo-5eat-hd2-shift-kit-detailed-walkthrough-179771.html

Wow this is an awesome find mate! Thanks! [emoji106]

It'll be one hell of a challenge doing this myself, but I'm sure some of my Subie guru buddies will know what to do with this.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
I still have not seen solutions from any trans workshops to quickly shifting to the latest generation of 5EAT. My VBs are
.)

In case anyone is curious, I have one of B@tman's valve bodies in my '08 5EAT and it is amazing.

Really good value, he shipped it fast.

It was a little funky at first trying to get the learning procedure done, but it shifts smooth now, and very fast.

• 8 months later...
In case anyone is curious, I have one of B@tman's valve bodies in my '08 5EAT and it is amazing.

Really good value, he shipped it fast.

It was a little funky at first trying to get the learning procedure done, but it shifts smooth now, and very fast.

I’ve also got one that installed last week for my ‘09 5eat. One of the best mods I did for the car. Car feels very well matched at 22+psi on flex fuel with the way it shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Choose a 6 speed swap. I went with the ipt valve body upgrade which helps a little but it cost $600. Plus I had to replace the shifter cable, then a solenoid in the shifter unit failed and was locking the shifter. All in all I spent a about 800. I just bought a full 6 speed swap from ebay, act clutch and a pedal assembly. I feel for a couple thousand more is worth it. I only regret not buying it in the first place.

• 5 months later...